SAU Community

hello from across the pond

Nostalgic-Wanderer

hey everyone.

just decided to stop by the NSW forum to say hello and introduce myself.

i'm just a fellow car enthusiast looking to communicate with some Aussies in regard to automobiles. more specifically, the ones made by Japanese manufacturers.

i'm basically here to seek out answers in regard to the so-called "Gojira" that i've never seen in my life.

is it really that ULTIMATE?

is it really that GOOD?

is it really that BAD-ASS?

or does it just seem this way to me because it's not available in the market here?

i had an interesting debate with some of my friends the other night over a coffee. we were debating about the validity of this so-called "mythical car" that is only readily available overseas.

i already know that reading specifications of a car on paper cannot equal what it's like to actually drive it. so how about some of you give me a few comparisons to other high-end Japanese cars? like, does it really WHOOP the competition? or is it just as good as the competition?

Its good because of how adaptable it is to whatever condition its put in... its just a great all round car. Fun to drive on the street, with under $500 of mods you can safely take it on the track, as once claimed... "its like a playstation2 on 4 wheels".

With the right mods and right bank balance you can whoop the competition in any car. Its just more fun in a GTR :D For us its not so mythical as it is for you guys since we possibly see one every day. I hate how the guys in the US degrade it with neons and NAWs, but meh, what can you do.

Its the pinnacle of development for Nissan, just like the RX7 was for Mazda, and Supra was for Toyota. It has heritage and prestige, it has an aura, a stance... retspec.

is it really that ULTIMATE?

is it really that GOOD?

is it really that BAD-ASS?

Yes

Yes

Yes

Mate, if you come to australia, send me a PM and I'll take you for a drive and you can decide for yourself.

Richard

G'day mate, welcome aboard.

Which part of Canadia, I mean Canada, do you reside? Can you send me some Granville Island beer for me?

You do relise that there is going to be some idiot who's going to say "can you say ABOUT for me" or "Have you been attacked by a bear" or "Do moose drive convertibles because of the antlers?". To that idiot, I have saved you the trouble.

Once again, welcome aboard mate.

Ben

save yourself the trip to Australia... www.gtrcanada.com few guys have imported 1989 R32 GTR's into canada, hook up with them and get em to take you for a spin around the local track... then make up your mind :D

J-spec's organised a few R32 GTR's to Canada, from memory one of em went to Vancouver and another to Toronto.

G'day mate, welcome aboard.

Which part of Canadia, I mean Canada, do you reside? Can you send me some Granville Island beer for me?

hahaha...i won't send any granville, but i can send a labatt..LMAO

oh, to answer your question..i live in a smaller city called Kitchener-Waterloo (it's actually 2 cities joined together) with a population of about 300,000.

it's about a 100km (technically 99km) drive southwest of Toronto.

J-spec's organised a few R32 GTR's to Canada, from memory one of em went to Vancouver and another to Toronto.

yes, i've heard about those 2 GTR's that made it to Canada. one of them is supposedly in Waterloo...hahahaha.

they were trying to sell it before it had actually arrived. they were asking about 30k CAD. i dont think i'd want to own a RHD vehicle here though, cops would hassle me too much.

can you say ABOUT for me? 

have you been attacked by a bear? 

Do moose drive convertibles because of the antlers?

ABOUT ? just so you know, i don't say "A-BOOT" LOL

no, i've never been attacked by a bear..never even seen one before.

and as for the moose thing...LMAO, i dont know if they drive convertibles, but to tell you honestly, i never saw a moose until i was like 20 years old.

Nostalgic-Wanderer is the typical Altima/Bluebird owner in Canada likely to be a "friend of Dorothy" like they are here?

i have no clue wtf that means...HAHAHAHA.

oh yah btw guys..

for comparison purposes..

how does an R32 GTR stack up against an Series VI FD3S RX-7 ? i would like a comparison from someone who's driven both cars..because i've driven an FD before and fell in love with the car. too bad i can't afford one, so i drive an FC instead =P