SAU Community

insurance for 25 yr old

LEATHL

Whats the best insurance people have found?

i had suncorp lined up about 9 mths ago they said i had to wait untill i was 25 and then they would insure me for a turbo import (skyline Gts-t 33) for $1000 bargin!!

now im about to get the car i ring up to make sure they will do it and the tell me sorry we only insure the r33 GT, GTS and GTR, no gts-t, WTF!!!! :werd: AND they tell me the skyline GTR is a non turbo!!

I asured them that the GTR is Twin Turbo so why cant they insure a single turbo

Wanker at Suncorp: "Sorry i can only insure whats on my screen and the Gts-t is not there"

So i have called just cars and they want $1200 and no pay by the month

Anyone have better insurance company?

try a company called!!! Oh shit, I dont know they are brokers.. Thier number is 07 55 268866.. Donna and i think Colin, Both of them are fantastic.. They got me quote for a friend for a 93 GTR for $1900... I have yet to do my GTR... Shhh!

Good luck..

my car is insured with suncorp and its a gts-t

call again

u got a mong tard

it was even in the list of cars on their grey list on their insurance calculator

call again

u got a mong tard

it was even in the list of cars on their grey list on their insurance calculator

Beer! A reason to get up in the afternoon.

Really!!!!

i will be giving suncorp a call tommorrow then

thanks spooks!

try a company called!!! Oh shit, I dont know they are brokers.. Thier number is 07 55 268866.. Donna and i think Colin, Both of them are fantastic.. They got me quote for a friend for a 93 GTR for $1900... I have yet to do my GTR... Shhh!

Good luck..

Enthusiasts Insurance?

Think they are the ones you mean

I went through them and the policy ended up coming through Suncorp, so Suncorp definately do GTS-T's

didn't suncorp have some scrooed up idea of limited mods you can do before they'll increase your premium?

I have my 3cyl powah insured with just car and they are not as fuss on the vehicle mods (but read the fine lines before you decide of course)

I'm with suncorp.. the "mong" that I spoke to when I rang to sign up totally ignored the fact I was 18 and it was still only this year when I rang to add mods onto my policy, that the person realised I was still only 20 (at this time) and I had a policy that disallowed people under the age of 25 to drive the car. I spent about an hour on the phone to them while they sorted it all out and they decided that they would honour my policy this year, but can't guarantee it for next year.

Just Car's isn't *that* bad. They may charge more, but at least you can list all your mods. I've got all mine on my policy with suncorp, but I'm at the limit allowed now so I can't add anymore.

Just Cars is owned by AAMI so it's not a "small company" as such. The only thing that is stopping me from going with just cars is the upfront payment of the policy.

Just cars I cant really recomend after reading their fine print. (ie, my car they had their 'value' set at a maxium of $10 000, so after you take out premium, excess, etcetc, that 10k is almost gone. If I were to replace my car to how it is now almost identically, it would probably cost upwards of $20k)

But being over 25 you shouldnt have things as bad. However still check out the maxium value.

Hmmm Just car have been great for me...I've got an agreed value of $30,000. The only pain is the up-front payment of $1100 each year...but hey they've covered me for anything I've needed so far.

yeh i friggin payed $2950 cash up front to just cars last year, twas hard. i really wana find someone else this year, who will still be cheap, but will let me pay by the month.

whats this enthuesiasts place?

Yep I am with Suncorp as well,

I was told up to 4 mods were allowable before excess change.

You must also declare any add ons you may do like new Rims and Stereo Components so they can adjust the premium to allow for the theft of those items or they will not be covered.

And no discount for immobilizers and alarms (the bastards)

Although in the insurance industry it doesn't hurt to ring the same company a few times as you seem to get told differing info by different people.

suncorp just wont insure anyone with a turbo under 25

although we did write a suck up letter and get wifey covered for 6 months before she was 25

didnt hurt that we had been with suncorp for years and we had our home and contents insurance with them as well (which i threatened to take elsewhere if they didnt cover us for the 6 months before wifey was 25)

I was hoping because I have my policy with suncorp that they would cover andrew's new car as well. But they don't seem to want to do it :P

I will probably be swapping to just cars in March next year because I really doubt that my policy with suncorp will continue when it is put up for compulsory review at the beginning of next year.

call again

u got a mong tard

:werd: just get an online quote, call them back and give them the quote number, too easy. ive been with suncorp for 2 years now with the skyline and its as low as $910 now, regardless of the number of mods, as long as it doesnt exceed 6 (?). pretty happy with that.

-rb25