SAU Community

spot the stagea

mcnamg

Its the Auto with Tiptronic. Its all ready to go, so pick it up this weekend. I have had some really good help and advice from Marc in Canberra who has a great looking white RS4 with the body kit and 18's.

I am really looking forward to the drive from Gold Coast to Canberra, although the lack of cruise control might prove to be a bit tiresome.

Marc and I would like to organise a get together soon, so we can get the few Stagea owners in Canberra together. Maybe you would like to come along? :P

Drove my new Stagea back to ACT from Gold Coast over the last couple of days :) . Just kept getting better and better. Made a big difference going with Premium unleaded. Poor girl must have been busting for a decent run.

First impressions:

Shocks need to be changed immediately! The compliancing tyres are woeful through corners. Seats are very comfy on a long trip. Got used to no cruise control after a while. Fuel economy is pretty bad. Looking forward to freeing up the exhaust, putting on a bigger intercooler and transmission cooler.

The stag definately turns heads, got a couple of waves from skyline drivers.

What a great first drive!

Don't worry Terminal, we are not in competition with each other, everyone else just thinks theyre cool!! Whether its a Series 1 or Series 2, we all admire each others rides. I too like the Series 1 Headlights, I just wanted the Neo and the tiptronic really. Your Stagea is awesome, love the work you have put into it. B) I've still got lots to do..........

Unfortunately, you dont get to retain the Xenons. Apparently, the people at DOTARS make the compliancers take them out and replace them with Halogen bulbs <_< . Something to do with the adjustable headlights. Bloody hell, our Government vehicles (Astra's) come with adjustables standard. How anybody could say that Xenons are not more effective than Halogens is ridiculous.

And of course, being a wagon, you might put a load in it occasionally (!). Rather than being able to adjust the headlight height from the comfort of your dash, you have to put up with everyone flashing you, and potentially being blinded.

I am however hatching a plan to return it to its natural state. Stay tuned...... :D

Yeah, but I picked it up from a dealer, who arranged the compliance. In any case, the Compliancers are required from DOTARS to destroy the Xenons :D .

I know, I know, how bloody stupid!!. I feel like writing a letter to these people at DOTARS, pointing out the stupidity of the whole situation and requesting that they at least reconsider for future imports. I will be interested in seeking their reasoning behind it. I mean, I understand the seat belts, the child restraints and the other stuff, but the Xenons............. :)

I think they should at least give you the damn xenons. Its like, you import a ECU and at customs some EPA dickhead goes and cracks the board in half. How the hell can they do that, IT YOUR PROPERTY. Maybe you wanted those Xenons for your track race car S2 stag!

Same thing happened to my brothers Chaser. they had to remove the driving lights for some reason, and now he has holes where the driving lights should go. it's not hard to get new ones, just stupid they had to be removed. i don't even think they were xenon... it's stupid