SAU Community

spot the stagea

mcnamg

Spotted Jetwreck, zei201 and mrfrontmount tonight...

hmmm, does spotting at a meet count?

Anyway, spotted S1 with eye lids (which actually looked quite good :D ) parked on Kars St in Frankston Sth last night.

Was going to knock on your door to see what you wanted for it since you are selling. Alas, no time...

Humble, my parents are from Mauritius, and it's a beautiful (but very small) place. If you go to any of the markets, do as you would in any Asian countries you'd visit and bargain anything you choose to buy.

I went there with my parents back over the Christmas and New Year's 93/94 period, and it was the first time they'd been "home" in 21 years. Even though they were both born and raised there, the locals KNEW they were tourists too and tried on numerous occasions to rip us off.

It's like anywhere, if you're not willing to negotiate, they'll pretty much charge you what they want.

Places to see: Chamarel (the place of the coloured sands); most of the better beaches are on the North of the island; Casela Bird Sanctuary; Pamplemousse Garden; Le Val park (a bit like a zoo/wlidlife park); Isle aux Cerfs (has glass-bottom boats, catamarans, etc.).

Hey Nick

It definitely is a small but beautiful place. You could drive round the island in a day.

I was also born there and have been back twice since. The last time was 11yrs ago. Funnily enough the first time we went back since moving to OZ was in the summer of 93/94.

All those places you mentioned are on my list, not to mention the fish ball soup on the side of the road and all the farata, curries and fruits that I’m going to devour.

Negotiation is you could say one of my better qualities but ill have one of my family members get me the “Locals” price then negotiate from there.

I would not be surprised if our families know each other :thumbsup:

can i come ? sounds nice !

Yeah man of course... ill be in H/P on Sunday so if your at your G/F house it will be me psychotically beeping my horn as I drive past.

Been perusing this forum reading up on Stageas as a potential next car and as such I was sitting at the lights just now thinking "You don't see many on the roads." when an black Autech Stagea pulled up at the lights opposite!

Beast of a car. Gold rims and plates that seemed to elude to the fact it was an RB26. Was on Daws road turning right onto South Road, if it was anyone who's on here!

Hey Nick

It definitely is a small but beautiful place. You could drive round the island in a day.

I was also born there and have been back twice since. The last time was 11yrs ago. Funnily enough the first time we went back since moving to OZ was in the summer of 93/94.

All those places you mentioned are on my list, not to mention the fish ball soup on the side of the road and all the farata, curries and fruits that I’m going to devour.

Negotiation is you could say one of my better qualities but ill have one of my family members get me the “Locals” price then negotiate from there.

I would not be surprised if our families know each other :P

Yeah man of course... ill be in H/P on Sunday so if your at your G/F house it will be me psychotically beeping my horn as I drive past.

Classic - there are so many Mauritians here in Australia I was bound to run into one on here after a while, right? :)

Once last mention of food before we have to take this to the Stagea chat thread (aka Cook Book): dhall pourri @ Rose Hill markets...

That's enough of that, I'm getting hungry!

Been perusing this forum reading up on Stageas as a potential next car and as such I was sitting at the lights just now thinking "You don't see many on the roads." when an black Autech Stagea pulled up at the lights opposite!

Beast of a car. Gold rims and plates that seemed to elude to the fact it was an RB26. Was on Daws road turning right onto South Road, if it was anyone who's on here!

Buying a Stagea is certainly a great way to go, and the only complaints most of us here have come down to three things: Fuel usage; Fuel usage; and Fuel usage...

Back on topic, I saw that silver s1 parked at the school again while I was on the way home from the shops, and this time I stopped and left an SAU-NSW business card on his car.

Spotted today at around 2.30pm: Yellow S2 Dayz with exhaust, NSW plates and (R34?) Rims: Followed him from Westfield at Helensvale, up Brisbane Road, until I turned south on the Hwy. Exchanged toots and waves: nice looking car!

friday night heading down parramatta road towards the city, around Leichhardt, within the space of 2 minutes spotted a goldy bronze s2 heading the opposite way, then a white s2 came up behind me....neither of them waved but at least its nice to see some more out there....would be nice to see more of them in here!

spotted a M35 crossing north road and princess hwy last night.

reg i think was BUY T

pulled up next to it gave a wave his female occupant saw then off he went while i got stuck behind a moron driver

was it a white one? im pretty sure ive seen the same one for sale on car sales and driving on parramatta road, number plate was "BUT Y"

*EDIT*

Found the link for the carsales ad, pretty tidy. i would probably pick it up if i didnt just buy a house!

BUT Y carsales ad

yep thats the one. wonder if he wants to swap :)

I am sure that Joe would be interested in swapping if you also throw in $10k ;)

For those interested, his suspension is a "custom, heavy duty kit from pedders".

Sits a bit low for me and he has said that it is quite hard.

Hey TJ, how did it handle the bumps?

bumps ?

Yes. Small or sometimes not-so-small deviations in the structure of the road which cause the traveling vehicle to react in such a way as to keep occupants aware that they are not riding on a cloud.

Commonly referred to as bumps.

"bump" in use - "Jeezus Farken Chriiist this road is BUMPy!!!"

So I ask again, how did it handle the bumps?

Was it twitching and bouncing all over the place or was it a relatively smooth ride (which would mean absorbing the "bumps" in the road)?