SAU Community

spot the stagea

mcnamg

Spotted Alex, Alex, Craig, Andy and myself. M35s represented!!!!

also people should watch out for PM35s, they are pretty quick

Fine, be like that, and ignore the clearly superior C34 and its awesome owner present last night too... :(

:P

Spotted the Green Hulk monster... trying to hunt Landcruisers at wet intersections :laugh:

Iain, I think you just learned the difference between throttle response and turbo lag :P But seriously, I do envy the turbo torque once on song- that thing hauls.

Saw one of you Stagea owners at Old Toongabbie near the TLC.

SAU stickers on your car. Very nice, very clean ride you have :) I like it a lot.

Thanks for the props SKITTLES......... if it was clean, then it would have been just after I'd washed it.........damn indian minors made camp in the transformer out the front of my house & shat all over the bonnet. Not parking it there any more. :angry: Hope they dont blow it up again.

Fine, be like that, and ignore the clearly superior C34 and its awesome owner present last night too... :(

:P

Sorry dude i wrote Alex twice when 'Nick' was supposed to be first!! the one and only(lonely?) C34 lol

A white 35 Axis on Brisbane Rd. Followed all the way to Harbour Town. PYRO.

This may have been me. I'm at the Gold Coast at the moment. But I have no idea where Bris road is. I got here yesterday lunch time

And passed a blue m35 going in the opposite direction heading out of the Goldie.

Spotted 3 M35's today.

#1 - Blue one heading down the Mountain from the Blue Mountains - Gave Wave and flashed

#2 - Black AR-X heading up to the Blue Mountains - Gave Wave

#3 - Black AR-X heading south on Pennant Hill's RD - Honked horn!

Spotted 3 M35's today.

#1 - Blue one heading down the Mountain from the Blue Mountains - Gave Wave and flashed

That's a lot for one day!

You virtually drove past my place too. I'm near the ugg boot man on the GWH at Faulconbridge.

I spotted four tonight, but all C34's, all in Cronulla, and all within the space of around half an hour! First was a silver s1 with black 5-spoke wheels on the Kingsway, next was a black s2 with (non-standard) mesh wheels parked in the multi-storey carpark on Croydon Street, another s2, this time white somewhere off Gerrale Stree I think as I was leaving the shops to head to a friend's, then a silver one (maybe the same as the first one, but couldn't see enough to tell if it was an s1 or s2) parked on the street in front of a boat trailer not far from Hume Road.

And I chose tonight NOT to drive mine, hey??? :(

Spotted 3 M35's today.

Hey Jetwreck,

#1 - That was me...I remember it was Just above Hazelbrook near the 40km sign.I saw you but didn't have time to flash so I waved back. :action-smiley-069: Thought it was Daleo LOL. Oh well, at least it was a member of the forum :laugh:

BTW, also had a white skyline wave at me as I passed him on the Bells Line just before Mt Tomah. I had the missus with me and we were doing a round trip to Penrith and back via the Bells Line to give the car a bit of a run. It's been sitting at home in the rain for the last few weeks.

Hey Jetwreck,

#1 - That was me...I remember it was Just above Hazelbrook near the 40km sign.I saw you but didn't have time to flash so I waved back. :action-smiley-069: Thought it was Daleo LOL. Oh well, at least it was a member of the forum :laugh:

BTW, also had a white skyline wave at me as I passed him on the Bells Line just before Mt Tomah. I had the missus with me and we were doing a round trip to Penrith and back via the Bells Line to give the car a bit of a run. It's been sitting at home in the rain for the last few weeks.

lol....good to see yah!

On top of spotting the 3 yesterday....spotted another Blue M35 on Beecroft RD this morning at about 8AM!

Spotted at silver C34 in Adelaide on Tuesday. You were busy looking down at the passenger seat for something.

I was at the lights in my Axis with Vic plates and Locust guts on the front.

why is this even an option.. i drive mine every chance i get I love my stag

Was heading out with a friend, and she didn't feel up to driving. Her boyfriend owns a series 2 BA FPV GT-P, so, given the option, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about, and to confirm what all the magazines had said.

1. Decent steering? Yeah, not bad, but too soft just off centre, with no feel.

2. Good performance? Epic fail! I didn't push it to redline (because it literally doesn't have one marked on the tacho), and only drove it at max three-quarter throttle maybe twice, but my car feels much nicer to drive everywhere. I seriously thought a 5.4 litre V8 with 10.5:1 compression ratio would be more responsive than my car down low in general driving. Surely 290kW and 520Nm at the flywheel should be able to overcome 1825kgs better than what a Stagea has to cope with, right???

3. Decent ride/handling? Yeah, not bad, but on expansion joints and similar stuff it gets a bit floaty for a second before the slack is taken up, and that didn't inspire a lot of confidence, especially seeing as I was just driving normally.

4. Terrible driving position? Confirmed! Seats too high, steering wheel too low. The seats were at their lowest when I got in, and it's MUCH worse than my old man's 2003 Camry in that regard. (At least in the Camry you start to get used to it after a while...) If you have the steering wheel set low, it hits your legs. If you set it up higher so you're (at least somewhat) comfortable, you can't see the bottom of the dash - the bits you need to see to keep an eye on the speed when driving around the 'burbs. Changing gears means your left elbow comes into contact with the lid of the centre AND the seat bolster. The clutch, though, was nice to use - not heavy, and I didn't stall it at all, even though it's the first time I've driven the car.

5. Bad fuel economy? Hah, us Stagea drivers have nothing to worry about!!! :D My friend tells me that 18l/100kms is pretty regular, and the instantaneous fuel usage goes up to around 48l/100kms on uphill acceleration.

All in all? Meh... :down::/

So, who's claiming ownership of the C34's I saw down there, then?

Hey Jetwreck,

Russel, that white Skyline (if it was an R33) could well have been Cassbo - I'm pretty sure he and a bunch of his friends were heading out towards Bathurst or something.

Was heading out with a friend, and she didn't feel up to driving. Her boyfriend owns a series 2 BA FPV GT-P, so, given the option, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about, and to confirm what all the magazines had said.

1. Decent steering? Yeah, not bad, but too soft just off centre, with no feel.

2. Good performance? Epic fail! I didn't push it to redline (because it literally doesn't have one marked on the tacho), and only drove it at max three-quarter throttle maybe twice, but my car feels much nicer to drive everywhere. I seriously thought a 5.4 litre V8 with 10.5:1 compression ratio would be more responsive than my car down low in general driving. Surely 290kW and 520Nm at the flywheel should be able to overcome 1825kgs better than what a Stagea has to cope with, right???

3. Decent ride/handling? Yeah, not bad, but on expansion joints and similar stuff it gets a bit floaty for a second before the slack is taken up, and that didn't inspire a lot of confidence, especially seeing as I was just driving normally.

4. Terrible driving position? Confirmed! Seats too high, steering wheel too low. The seats were at their lowest when I got in, and it's MUCH worse than my old man's 2003 Camry in that regard. (At least in the Camry you start to get used to it after a while...) If you have the steering wheel set low, it hits your legs. If you set it up higher so you're (at least somewhat) comfortable, you can't see the bottom of the dash - the bits you need to see to keep an eye on the speed when driving around the 'burbs. Changing gears means your left elbow comes into contact with the lid of the centre AND the seat bolster. The clutch, though, was nice to use - not heavy, and I didn't stall it at all, even though it's the first time I've driven the car.

5. Bad fuel economy? Hah, us Stagea drivers have nothing to worry about!!! :D My friend tells me that 18l/100kms is pretty regular, and the instantaneous fuel usage goes up to around 48l/100kms on uphill acceleration.

All in all? Meh... :down::/

So, who's claiming ownership of the C34's I saw down there, then?

There just not a car to boast about. same goes for the new SS Comodores. Mines got mod's but still running off the stock tune(soon to change :D :D) but I still leave em for dead. Even drove one, and i must say, your paying 40k+ for a peice of scrap metal that barely looks alright, and doesnt really get you anywhere for the fuel.. Aus is losing it lol

C34/M34.. hell even Volvo's would leave them for dead.