SAU Community

Wheel legalities in NSW???

lazza

Dont know if anyone can help, but supposing you had 18x10in wheels on the rear and 18x8in wheels on the front of your R33 GTST, would it be illegal?

From the RTA website I believe you can increase the width and diameter by 1in over standard.

My question is, is the standard taken from the model, or series etc? ie is the standard taken from the largest factory wheel size for skylines in general or just GTSTs?

I think Skyline GTRs came with 17x9in from the factory does that cover skyline GTSTs as well?

Im thinking it would be specific to each series of skyline, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

but I'm pretty sure there is no rule in NSW regarding rim height. You can go 1" wider than what it says on your tyre placard...and skylines have different placards depending on the scheme they were imported under and even different companies that complied them

you are right duncan you can have 20" rims if you like as long as the wheel tyre diameter combo is the same as stock ( they allow about 3% either way i think ) .

as for the width you can only widen the wheels by 1" but the track can only be 1" wider , but who is going to check the track width ?

nah its much easier for the cops.....they just see big wheels and go "bingo! Youve got a defect" See they don't have to be right, they just need "suspicion" that something is wrong....in fact I've even heard of cases where they have been shown the engineers certificate saying it is legal but still defecting the car anyway....