SAU Community

Standard BOV

Sime

Hi everyone

I originally had a standard BOV on my R33 which had been welded up to give that flutter sound, so I went and bought another standard one thinking it would be nice and quiet but found it makes the typical pshhh noise I'd expect from an aftermarket one. Is this normal? I'm running 12psi of boost so perhaps that causes it to be make more noise. I've also checked to make sure all hoses are secure and not leaking.

Also when I took the old one off, there was a metal plate in between the BOV and the air intake pipe it attaches to. This has a hole in it smaller than the opening on the BOV and causes a slight flutter noise and a slight pshhh. Is this supposed to be there or did the previous owner put it there, perhaps to run higher boost than the standard BOV can cope with?

mine made a fair noise, not as loud as my new gfb hybrid, but with the pod filter it could be easitly heard and once the fmic was on it started fluttering too

ben...

Ahhh! I have a pod filter also so that maybe why. What about the metal plate. Is that supposed to be there?

when i changed the bov, that metal plate was like an adapter plate thats bout it, and yeh like said u wouldnt hear anything with ur old air box, the pods are quite loud especially hks ones

cheers...ben.