SAU Community

just got a skyline,

R31 GTS

Hey guys,

firstly,just new to this forum so i thought i'd say hi to all of you guys, secondly my dad has just purchased a 1988 HR31 GTSX, its got an R32 engine(RB20DET ECCS)

HKS GT2530 turbo, GTR front mount inetrcooler, custom inlet manifold, walbro fuel pump, davies craig thermo fans, kakimoto exhaust system and stacks more in the engine bay, on the outside its panther black and has some Works racing harts, anyway, ill try post some pics of it, oh and it made 240rwkw on 14psi on the dyno so it should run low 12's, by the way i'm 13 and very much into cars so i'd like to share my knowledge and learn some stuff also with you guys.

cheers Tom

Hey guys,  

firstly,just new to this forum so i thought i'd say hi to all of you guys, secondly my dad has just purchased a 1988 HR31 GTSX, its got an R32 engine(RB20DET ECCS)

HKS GT2530 turbo, GTR front mount inetrcooler, custom inlet manifold, walbro fuel pump, davies craig thermo fans, kakimoto exhaust system and stacks more in the engine bay, on the outside its panther black and has some Works racing harts, anyway, ill try post some pics of it, oh and it made 240rwkw on 14psi on the dyno so it should run low 12's, by the way i'm 13 and very much into cars so i'd like to share my knowledge and learn some stuff also with you guys.  

cheers Tom

Sounds like he bought Matt Barne's old car. Awesome looking car.

Excuse me did you say you WERE 13?

IF so firstly why are you buying a car like this when its gonna be 3 years till you drive it?

Secondly who bought it you or your parents, and if your parents did which i'm guessing they would of what parent in their right mind would buy their kid a 240rwkw car as their first?

Danger is the first word that pops to mind.....

BUT on the brighter side welcome to SAU

oh and the car will be made to drift spec soon, so it won't be street legal, ill have to get some el cheapo car, better than nothing

Why oh WHY would you turn something as clean as that into a drifter??? :chop: OMFG!! Its CRUEL DAMMIT!! :confused: :confused: :chairshot

yea, that should stay on the road, sure take it to the track occasionally, but the thought of that being riped up is gut wrenching. I think i saw your dad driving it on anzak hwy couple of days ago.. does he have a beard? i have him a wave, he waved back