SAU Community

I thnk I am being scammed - for my car??

R324D

Ok my car is on carsales where people can send you an e-mail message to you about the car... below is an e-mail discussion I am having with someone about it.

Now the latest message sounds dodgy as all hell to me, let me know what you think??? What should I do??? here are the e-mails...

In bold is him, italics is me...

Hello ,

I saw your advertisement for the sales of your Goods.........I am interested in buying it , i don't know if the goods is same avalible for sale. However, your urgent reply is needed so as to hasten the deal if my offer sound nice......

And also kindly provide the condition , picture and the least price that you are intenting to sale the goods........

I will look forward to your response as soon as soonest................

Thanks .......

Hi

Thanks for the interest! The car is in IMMACULATE

condition, it is honestly hard to fault it.

I have attached some pictures of the car for you too have a

look at, please give me a call if you would like to come and

have a look at it 0404 *** ***

First to see will buy this car defineately...

Thanks again for the interest and hopefully I will talk to

you soon...

Thanks

Michael

I will like to know the least price for the car ....................

I understand, however, I can't say my minimum price when you

haven't looked at the car.... Have a look at it then tell me

what you think it is worth??

Now this is where I think it gets really sus... the latest e-mail:

Hello ,

Goodday to you overthere, how you doing ?Thank for your prompt esponse, I quite appreciate to hear from you back with this explanation .....Am very serious about purchasing your car . If you can takeit offi from the ads it better so that any other will not come in. The Price you quoted is okay by me.........

Please I will want this transaction to move very fast because the Goods is urgently needed. In your coming mail kindly provide me your Full Information to prepare the cheque and also you contact address inlucding cell phone and home phone ...........

Shippment will be handle by me cause there is an order I made late last year in your country , which was not delivered to me and they refuse to get in my money .Because of this issue have associate with one shipping company who has been handle my shippment from any where to me.........

I will look forward to hearing from you soonest........

Thank.......

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please call a translator?

why does he insisit on calling it goods? he sounds mighty dodgy. removing ur ad would most likely result in you having to put it back up again, coz he can't be serious. is he not in australia?

whats up with ppl nowadays making offers on cars without even looking. too many joyriders and test pilots and not enough serious buyers out there....

The goods? what the hell is he buying? sounds like stock or something. Dont think you should accept a cheque either since he is overseas and once your car is on the boat and he cancels the cheque then you are left in a very bad situation. And why owuld he need your car "URGENTLY"? sounds like something fishy is going on. Just ignore his future emails because you dont want to get jipped.

yeh I won't remove the ad until money is in my bank, however, it resembles one of those scam e-mails like "you have won 20 million dollars just send me your details"..... I really think this is a scam and if it is I want to have some fun with him for being a di** and trying to rip me off.... :D

yeh I am more worried about sending him any more details... If anyone else out there has had an e-mail from him his address is [email protected]

yeh think it is probably best to ignore him although it is tempting to write back and tell him to get stuffed....

Man I would laugh if it is some rich arab sitting on an oil field and he is serious.... but not worth the risk....

yeh I won't remove the ad until money is in my bank, however, it resembles one of those scam e-mails like "you have won 20 million dollars just send me your details"..... I really think this is a scam and if it is I want to have some fun with him for being a di** and trying to rip me off.... :D

That's what I thought when I was reading it. I would personally[and would recomend] that you don't give your details out on the net! so easy to get conned. I remember someone was posting up gtrs for 5K or something[i probably exaggerated, oh well] for sale, and this person had just copied pics of someone elses gtr from a website and put it on ebay. And they want you to put a deposit on it to their bank account so they know you are interested...

Although this is kinda the reverse, I dunno, I still probably wouldn't give out my bank details and address details or my name etc. to some stranger.

haha what an idiot..

tell him you want a deposit if you're gonna hold it for him, just as you would for an Oz buyer...if he wants the car so badly he should have no probs with that, but i bet you never see a cent from him :)

i mean CBD .. cash before delivery

but wouldn't that mean that i have to give him my bank details anyway?

Think i will leave it for now and see if he writes back if he does i will tell him that i have added more modifications and the car is now valued at $45 000 nah make that $65 000 then if he is still interested it means he is just after my details :);)