SAU Community

I thnk I am being scammed - for my car??

R324D

If I got that email, I would have ignored it straight away. Someone calling a car goods is just stupid. Fair enough if it was like an air filter and a steering wheel and horn button, that is "goods".

I wouldn't give him ANY information. He might even be someone from australia just pretending to be from overseas but really in the local area and wants to steal it.

I'd be worried.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, gezzz those Nigerian scammers are d#ck heads, they speak another language, the way they compose their emails, pick them out from a mile away. Yeh i wouldn’t reply or send any details to the dodgy f#cker... Wish i was a cop & had some Nigerian scammer f%ck try something on me...

I'll tell you right now thats a cut and paste job for random scams and probably automated anyway (ie its probably not even a person cutting and pasting but rather a script or program).

Parts dont match up, the order of the emails that he/she/it is sending are scripted and generic as they dont even match what you have said (and have a few other tell tales).

Anyway - ignore that shieeet and get back to business. IT IS FAKE FOR SURE.

if your using outlook bring up the email choose edit then options i think it will have the mail header down the bottom or if its outlook express bring up the email click on file then properties and then goto details it will look like this:

Return-path: <[email protected]>

Envelope-to: [email protected]

Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:30:32 +1000

Received: from [67.18.170.186] (helo=victorinox.sanitytechnology.com)

by postoffice01.mail-hub.kbs.net.au with smtp (Exim 4.34)

id 1CK7B8-0006HB-7h

for [email protected]; Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:30:22 +1000

Received: (qmail 19080 invoked by uid 1000); 20 Oct 2004 03:30:17 -0000

Date: 20 Oct 2004 03:30:17 -0000

To: [email protected]

Subject: Reply to post 'I thnk I am being scammed - for my car??'

From: "Skylines Australia Discussion Forums Forums" <[email protected]>

Message-ID: <[email protected]>

X-Priority: 3

X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Thats dodgie.. I had exactly the same type of guy when I was seilling a road bike. He typed exactlly like that. Although he wannted to send me international travelers checks for it Which probaly would have been fake... So I just ignored the guy....

Exactly what I was thinking. Nigerian scammer.

Make him send pictures first. :P

- J.

Yeah someone did this with my 300zx was for sale - its a Scammer ..... just tell them to phuck off.

hey i got the same email last week when i was selling my r32 from the same guy i just ignored it cause i had just sold the car but he said he saw the car for sale on boostcruising.com which is a brisbane cruise site

Nar reply back saying you've reported him to the computer crime squad & he'll be contacted very shortly....

I know in this case that he has replied back more than once and has been emailed more than once, but I think there are scenarios where the email address that it says it came from is also just picked up by a 'spider'.. ie its just an email address off someones msn list or something, so in some cases replying to that email address could be to an innocent person?

Also if you do reply to spam doesn't that just confirm to the spammers that your email is still active, so they will keep spamming it??

It definately looks like an automated response scam, it never mentions anything specific about your car or even "your country." This message could have been sent to every person advertising on Carsales or whatever.

Id even go as far as to complain to carsales, or at least tell them about it, see what they can do to stop it happening again.

It definately looks like an automated response scam, it never mentions anything specific about your car or even "your country."  This message could have been sent to every person advertising on Carsales or whatever.

Id even go as far as to complain to carsales, or at least tell them about it, see what they can do to stop it happening again.

Yeah, probably a good idea. Report it to carsales and ignore the guy. If you get any more emails just say someone offered a substantially better price and he is too late, the car is sold.