SAU Community

To drift or not to drift

R31 GTS

Right Boof, firstly my dad doesn't have time to go on the internet, so I do it for him, if you want to right stupid comments to a 13 year old, by all means go ahead, im just hear for POSITIVE comments, and constructive critism, and since when has drifting become the new rice, about 3 months ago it was huge, to my belief, but please correct me if i'm wrong

That post sounded rather defensive have i hit a nerve?? Have YOU actually asked your DAD what HE wants to do with it or are you just asking questions for the sake of it (i seem to remember someone else on another forum being like this getting every turbo car under the sun and not getting any of them hrmmm :talk2hand) Seems at 13 though you won't be driving the car for a bit yet, even when you do get your licence i can't see an insurance company insuring a turbo import to a 16 year old, i have enough drama's and im 25!!

Yes thats the whole problem with drift, unless you are a FULLY SICK drifter these days you don't get respect, i get asked daily if i drift mine and when you reply with NO i prefer to turn corners you get weird looks and i've been abused at times as well...Drifting is good don't get me wrong just unless you can drift now you don't rate...Suits me don't worry :(

Skidmark - Got told BIG time :rolls eyes: :whip:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah man, not defensive, just sick of older guys sayin shit about me because im 13

Yes i am young but not immature, for insurance reasons i will not be drivin the 31, maybe something a bit more stock,

but honestly, it gets annoying when about 90% of people ignore or question you about age and honesty, firstly if I wanted to be a d@#k, i would lie about my age, secondly, if i wanted to be a lier, i would say that iv'e got a 2000000horse power R35, at least im honest,

but lets just leave it at that

sorry, I agree with Boof - good call. Methinks there is some time wasting and dreaming going on here, disguised as a legitimate question.

you reckon im dreaming, suit yourself mate, that pic in the avatar is my dads skyline, go to just got a skyline, youll even see pics, seriously, what is so hard about believing I aint a bulls@#$er

... just unless you can drift now you don't rate...Suits me don't worry :cheers:

You obviously come into touch with the wrong people - people who themselves have probably never even tried drift.

EVERYBODY starts at the beginning, I mix with some people that do drift regularly, the only time they get pissed off is with wanabes who talk the talk, but dont walk the walk.

anybody who truely loves the sport would only encourage others to give it a go. Hell, I cant drift for sh1t, but it didnt stop me thrashing my car at mallala while Bai (signals D1 driver) looked on. Did he look down his nose? Not bloody likely - did he laugh when I stoved my car into a concrete barrier - sure did, as did I, but I am sure he has totalled many a car in his time too.

Drift is here to stay, getting bigger all the time. Everybody should at least have a go at it before they start knocking it. Its just about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

the new rice? jeez that sounds awfully remaniscant of "only milk comes in 2 litres" its a valid sport, and draws bigger crowds at Malalla than V8 tourers.

I dont know why people automatically assume that Old Skyline = Drift, but I agree with Shane, people ask me all the time aswell, and when you answer "No" they look a bit perplexed.

To the little kid

People assume you are a dreamer because you seem to swap between speaking for yourself and your dad (if its really his questions...)

Yeah drift is the new rice, people make their cars look a bit driftish to look cool, I'm possibly guilty of this but I bought the wider dished wheels so I could put some stickier rubber on while retaining a smaller diameter for a bit more sidewall flex, and the car had a big muffler off the boat, and I really dont give a **** what the car looks like anyway (which is why I cant remember the last time I washed it and I refuse to patch up a few things that were bodged when I got it.... but you see a lot of cars around with the drift look now

[quote To the little kid. People assume you are a dreamer because you seem to swap between speaking for yourself and your dad (if its really his question).

All righty then, i really dont want to appear as a dreamer to those who think i am, i just want to gain information about my favourite car obviuosly, and at my age, if people think i am a dreamer, thats understandable, because i know there are lots of annoying 13 year olds out there, like i said before, i just come to this site to firstly discuss, and share knowledge since my dad doesnt have time for this stuff, i go on here

anyway cheers to those out ther who are helpful and can look past my age

Tom

u cant stop a 13 yr olds dream, i have a dream and im 13, i dream to have a nice japanese imports, its his dads car, if him and his dad want to drift it then let them, its their car, its their choice, just coz ppl are younger than u r duznt mean u have to criticise them for having dreams, remember when u set ure mind to sumthing u can do nething

i leave it at that

.:SynthetiK:.