SAU Community

To drift or not to drift

R31 GTS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R31 GTS, I will try and give you a straight answer for T-mans sake:)

dont bother with an R31 - parts are VERY hard to find, and if you do they will be VERY expensive. Not much available in the jap aftermarket for R31 and drift. If you saw the R31 that was in Sydney, well it didnt seem too well set up to me - and it 'apparently' cost a fortune.

I toyed with the idea of an R31 setup for drift, if nothing else, purely for the lack of attention it would receive from the cops - but gave up on it pretty quickly.

Buy a silvia, cefiro, AE86, R32 etc - much better platform to start with, will be much cheaper in the long run, and much more enjoyable.

You obviously come into touch with the wrong people - people who themselves have probably never even tried drift.

EVERYBODY starts at the beginning, I mix with some people that do drift regularly, the only time they get pissed off is with wanabes who talk the talk, but dont walk the walk.

anybody who truely loves the sport would only encourage others to give it a go.  Hell, I cant drift for sh1t, but it didnt stop me thrashing my car at mallala while Bai (signals D1 driver) looked on.  Did he look down his nose?  Not bloody likely - did he laugh when I stoved my car into a concrete barrier - sure did, as did I, but I am sure he has totalled many a car in his time too.

Drift is here to stay, getting bigger all the time.  Everybody should at least have a go at it before they start knocking it.  Its just about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

the new rice? jeez that sounds awfully remaniscant of "only milk comes in 2 litres" its a valid sport, and draws bigger crowds at Malalla than V8 tourers.

Steve, i think drifting is a great sport, im not knocking it one bit, i enjoy watching it immensly, just shits me off when people don't understand that you don't drift or have no ideals of doing it!! Like i said when people see *insert jap import car here* they automatically presume that your a drifter, and just not the truth at all!! I've been in many car drifting (back when it was underground and on the street), its really good fun i will admit but not my cup of tea as far as driving goes!!

now can we close it ?

thanks steve. you're my hero :)

At the end of the day, R31s are 1500kilo boats and if you're old boy stoves the coupe, you'll never find parts for it.

Haha yes well let me tell you about finding parts for rare jap imports :spcow: Not an exciting experience and cost's way to much $$$ :D:)

And yes i agree close thread now before kindergarten is let back out for the day

dont worry about it lad

i think its great that you have a resonable knolage for cars at such an early age.

keep the dreams alive they will get you what you whant one day

if you whant my thaughts on the subject to drift or not to drift i say not

because the r31 coupe is alot rearer and you should treat it good by the time you are old enough to drift s13s will be a dime a dozen and would make a much better platform for drift keep saving and you will get there buy the way i am not a drifter

i prefer the circit racing its a lot easyer on your car perhaps thats what you should do with the 31

No more harassing Tom.

Otherwise............. I will have to pull out the mod stick. :whip:

---

I used to dream about the RB30DET, for almost 3 long years.

1.5years of dreaming before I began the process of buying the head/block and a few other bits for the conversion. ~1-1.5years later the motor is.......

ROFL @ Boof and T-man:)

Boof, sorry for the misunderstanding - I see what you are saying.

Thats not a problem mate, no misunderstanding just had to make my side of the case a bit clearer!!!

LOL @ Tim you goon :D