SAU Community

What insurance do you have?

Duncan

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmm interesting... That'll definitely be the go for the R32 when I find one... Seeing that the only road time it'll be seeing is to and from the track and the odd cruise, comprehensive insurance is overkill.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shannons insure my r32 gtr, its on the super light use policy.... not more than 4000ks a year. only 800 notes though.

if i do more than 4000ks, it jumps up $300 to 8000ks. then a few more hundred if more than 8000 to unlimited ks.

perfect for me.

Im with Just cars, in Melbourne, R32 gtst, 22yo, lightly modded, rating 2 and i pay $1200 a year for an agreed value of $16000.

I am so glad i dont live in Sydney.

In Vic we have CTP like in NSW but do dont have a choice who you go with, its all included in the price of rego. (thats why rego is like $550 in here).

Guest Mashrock

who would be a good insurer to go with.

mind you i'm mainly going to be usiing the car for track racing and a bit of weekend driving.

and i also know that many insurance will not cover for the track..

i is also got a bucket load of mods,

i sent a quote off to just cars.

also i am 22..

i'd probably want the car insured for say 30k

32 gtr

I'm not sure if just cars will do an agreed value on older cars. I really had to argue with them for my 97 model line. From my experiences (fairly limited) just cars have been the best and the cheapest.

Wouldnt drive my cars unless they were covered by full comp, the GTR cost me 3200PA and i was 18, the GTS with the V8 now costs me 1600PA, no i cant afford to insure both thats y only one is on the road at one time and while the other one is off the road it is chained to the garage floor until one of them sells.

Thats with just cars by the way, they said under normal circumstances they would not have touched an 18yo with a 33 vspec but because i had the gts since i was 16 and had not made a claim with them they would insure me.

I'm not sure if just cars will do an agreed value on older cars.  I really had to argue with them for my 97 model line.  From my experiences (fairly limited) just cars have been the best and the cheapest.

They did it on my 92 gtst... Famous couldnt match just cars in my case

• 4 weeks later...

im 23yrs old and just car was about $1100 including all mods, but then again i have a 4-door r34 gtt which is classed as a family car, my previous NA JZA80 insurance was $1300. All rating one and comprehensive. My brother is a rating 3 or 4 and hes s15 costs him about $2000 from 'young and cool'.

Fully comp..... A car worth more than 10k or so then fully comp....

My 4x4 us a little shitty and worth about 20 bucks so i just got third party fire and theft on it as its $150 bucks a year. Never know might come back to the car after fishing and it may not be there so $5k coverage for 150bucks with a 600dollar excess on it. Thats a bargin to me. The skyline on the other hand is 1400 bucks with a 2400 excess but she is insured for 30k. I understand the high risk, i do drive very safe. But im more scared of it being stolen than anything else.

So i answered fully comp as the line is my daily car.