SAU Community

What insurance do you have?

Duncan

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insurance = incase shit happens

if you dont crash or get crashed into you should get it back.

its only fair

nrma cost $8500 per year for me in 5 years if u dont crash in those 5 years you could have brought a r34 GTR if you brought a shitbox and saved

22k for my car +8500x5=42500

solution was not to go with nrma Brokers are the best source for cheap insurance

my 27cents

Who has illegal mods and has insurance and has made a claim and not been detected or actually been rejected?

Who has "forgotten" to mention everything?

When you read all the companies policy terms, it clearly states the car must comply with the states regulations.

Now considering a pod and an a/m cooler are not allowed ( in VIC anyway ) there must be many many of you guys that have more illegal mods, management etc and also pay a shitload p/a for cover?

Fully comp. R33 Gtst

last year was $1350.

this year am 22 with a rating 1

am paying $1000

thats why justcars and agreed value is $18000.

thats with mods suchs as 18" chromes, full bodykit, piggyback computer, FMIC, boost controller and turbo timer listed in the policy

Interesting

They let you reel off all of your mods ( knowing they are illegal ) and charge you more money for doing so.

But if a claim was to be made, they could tell you to read the policy stating about the legalities of mods and could refuse the claim.

Who has made a claim and had no hassles, with declared mods?

Guest qtvinsta

With Classic and paying $2200... for full comp and rating 1 ... aged 28... $1000 excess and no other drivers covered

1998 GTT r34

listed audio install, 18" rims, exhaust system, air filter and coil overs

@ market value

tried getting them to reduce, but they wouldn't budge (this is the second year with them)...

heath Lambert was charging me 3k before and jumped to 3300 so i guess Classic's reasonable.

I pay $558 a year with Unique Car Insurance. These guys are underwritten by Lloyds of London, yes, that Lloyds! Full comp, agreed upon value, no restriction to modifications providing it is legal in my state or is certified. Great to deal with, actual ppl down there have a love for cars and motor racing.... a rare attitude these days.

I am a rating One and g/f is rating two. Was with Shannons with a previous car, but after it was stolen, and their attitude to people with a legit claim I pulled my 'sponsorship' from them. Never, ever, ever will I go back to Shannons.

Yeah, I agree, 3rd party property should be the minimum. I was hit last year by an un insured person and they are still paying the insurance company back.. at a LOT of their paycheck.

What do you think someone with a show car would have? Full comp, I wonder how expensive that would be..

I'm a P plater still and pay $680 on third party with Just cars, ths good thing is that I get a rating. So i'm waiting to get off my P's then see how much insurance will be full comp, by then i should HOPEFULLY be on rating 4.

I made the mistake of insuring under my dads name and didnt get a rating for the 1st year, knock on wood I have been driving just over 2 years and not had an accident * Knocks on wood* =)

Btw i was quoted $3500 rating 5 full comp with just cars. My car being a R33 Skyline GTS-T.

Was with suncorp for $2700 initially untill the first crash (They refused to renew my policy funnily enough), then changed to NRMA (Of all people) with old boys NCB it turned out to be $1500.

Since this year though I have spent all my money on just getting the poor thing fixed and running again (I kid you not, fortnightly pay sucks) Just running on Comp 3rd Party at the moment. As soon as the banks let me increase my P/L or Credit cards, I will go looking for proper insurance again. The Third Party with Fire and Theft is also an option if thats all I can afford :)

Well if its the same as NSW, the third party with rego is "Third Party Injury" insurance ie if you injure another person you are covered.

"Third Party Property" insurance covers you if you hit someone's car or property. If you don't have at least this you will be personally liable for every cent of damage