SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

i do detailing and driving for AVIS car rental, i used to work for defence though haha, so if your there on weekends and need a quick car wash let me know :D look for one of the guys driving around in a red shirt with a yellow reflector vest :D

i often see a white r33 go past hertz/budget/thrifty area but not sure if theyre on here. also spot a black 33, think his name on here was aurora but when i spoke to him he was a bit of a rude snob so i left him alone :D

so does someone go thru the interior before it gets to you, after the car gets returned?

just wondering about lost property thats all.. I've had a bad experience!! (not with Avis)

with most of the rental compnies its the detailers that drive the cars back to the wash then do the interior so if somethings gone missing they would be the ones who found it. then theyre are supposed to bag and tag it so it gets sent up to the counter inside the terminal. if the company has dodgy counter staff then they might be to blame for things going missing, its their job to call the customer but if they see a bag labeled ipod or something then they can "accidentally" not call the customer i guess.

avis also has drivers on sometimes who drive the cars down from the drop off bays to the wash so they can pocket things aswell... not cool :( because the detailers are the last ones in the cars before they sent out on rent again they the common blame target...

thanks mang, that's kinda what i thought

does the man who walks around and takes your keys at the airport carpark ever look through the inside?

I'm just annoyed cos I dropped the car off on a Friday night and rang them on Saturday morning and they told me the car was hired out again and there was nothing they could do.

it pisses you off when you feel that they havent even made an attempt to find it for you :teehee:

ah i forgot about him, the rover who collects the keys and checks in the cars some days. he has the keys first when hes working so he can go through them. its pretty dodgy the lost property system. i just hate how the easiest one to blame is always the detailer and the others dont own up. its stupid

Just got a call from the mechanic saying that the loss of boost was caused by the fan touching the intercooler pipe... :P

Now im worried :(

Had to drive out there to explain to him how that's not possible, should have just taken my car back then...

No he wasn't that great, just got it back then.

He's come to the conclusion that my whole fuel system needs to be upgraded, even though I have a stock gts-t with intercooler, and the problem started immediately after I fitted the intercooler.

Oh well, I'll call trojan tomorrow.

Hey Rick444 I'm with you re gettin out of that workshop .... but I am interested, does the intercooler on a stock 33 make a big difference? I'm not racing, drifting, draging etc - but am interested, is it a worthwhile thing to do?

thanks!! you two are safe..

on another note, anyone fans of LP? theyre new album is interesting

YES!!!! looove LP, have downloaded the new song but havent heard any other songs, why is it interesting?

thanks!! you two are safe..

YES!!!! looove LP, have downloaded the new song but havent heard any other songs, why is it interesting?

Now make me a mod or i will find you....

:rant:

Ummmm its interesting as its not really like there old albums at all, i really like it but a fair few people dont really like their new stylez