SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

today is my birthday. anyone who does not wish me a happy birthday will be banned.

Shell :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY hope your day was not to bad and got the chance to have a few brewski's :rant:

Cheers,

Leigh

you have to say:

Cheers,

Leigh

otherwise cheers leigh sounds like your sitting at a table with all your friends... ( :rant: ) and a beer in each hand saying cheers to yourself

Also, memo to leigh, quotes are supposed to go before posts.

I dude at work got a Toyota GT4 and it got a water to air intercooler do any other cars have this seems a bit stupid

Older Liberty's have em, many AM companies sell em. Popular in rota drag circles, and with horsepower dyno queens.

Why you say stupid? They have their place for sure. Can keep intake tracks a lot shorter; improve throttle response etc, then mount the radiators for it where ever you want.

The setup has a buffer too, so you don't get the same level of heat soak, that air->air IC has in stand still traffic.

Happy BirthDay Shell :rant:

Also, memo to leigh, quotes are supposed to go before posts.

i always do it that way in PM's, but not on the forum... dunno why :rant:

thanks leigh & michael :)

I had a fantastic day, much better than last years birthday which sucked.

and yes leigh I've managed a couple of bevvies :)

Older Liberty's have em, many AM companies sell em. Popular in rota drag circles, and with horsepower dyno queens.

Why you say stupid? They have their place for sure. Can keep intake tracks a lot shorter; improve throttle response etc, then mount the radiators for it where ever you want.

The setup has a buffer too, so you don't get the same level of heat soak, that air->air IC has in stand still traffic.

Happy BirthDay Shell :thumbsup:

I was just think that a contain of water sitting on top of the engine is i dont know like a rice cooker , what about when it is full cold do air to air work better

Hey Rick444 I'm with you re gettin out of that workshop .... but I am interested, does the intercooler on a stock 33 make a big difference? I'm not racing, drifting, draging etc - but am interested, is it a worthwhile thing to do?

It doesn't really make a huge difference, but my car feels better after putting it on, more responsive..it's hard to explain...

I would say it's definitely worth it, especially if you're planning to do more mods. :thumbsup:

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SHELL!!

BTW, it would be nice if crime took a day off. Imagine if you could leave your car unlocked and go shopping and come back to an untainted car: nothing stolen and no scratches/damage.

Ha Ha as if that could ever happen.

I was just think that a contain of water sitting on top of the engine is i dont know like a rice cooker , what about when it is full cold do air to air work better

Put the crack pipe down :P

Magine a box welded around a normal air->air IC, and then water pumped through that box, through and around the fins, and then to a radiator(s) [ Separate to the engine radiator clearly]

Your just replacing the air that was moving through the air->air cooler fins, absorbing heat, with water... which then releases its heat to the air, when it gets to the little radiators

wanted to know your age and thought that was the best way to go about asking :(

can we make it into a guessing game to find shells age?

24?

Edited by Baconer

lol trying to pick up a moderator Alex...

Lets just put it this way you are a tad to young for our Shell. Alex being what 18 or 19 :( and our young shell being only 28 :(

hehe i can see i will some how get in trouble for saying that comment :)

haha there was no intension of that leigh, which is lucky cause shes pretty much a grandma :domokun:

pretty weird, only 3 movies ive been keen to see recently (300, spiderman 3 and 28 weeks later) are all ones youve posted about skylvia. Do they tell you anything about the main characters from the first one in the new one (james and selena?)

Edited by Baconer

havent seen spiderman 3... i heard its a tad dissapointing...

Nah nothing about the original 2, but it starts at the 28 days later timeline, then shows how it progressed through to 28 weeks later. much better than the 1st IMO. the 1st one was still good tho