SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

erm dunno...the empty bottle's at home but i think it said to add one 3rd of the coolant and two 3rds water?

that's why I asked about the ratio thingy....wasnt sure what was in it already, and if I'd have enough to fill it up at the proper ratios etc..

Does anyone have a 19" LCD Monitor (working) they want to get rid of/sell?

I figured id ask here before going to the markets and grabbing one...

Check out allclassifides.com.au should be free.

be careful who you roadrage against.

yesterday i had to make a quick trip to work to drop the keys off i had left in my pants. Drive is uneventful till i get to the one intersection on the road and get cut-off at 100km... in the rain... guy does not speed up and keeps going 50km an hour, i get closer and closer hoping he gets the hint to go the speed limit but back off a bit realising how stupid that is. He rides the shoulder and sprays my car with stones and sticks... He then turns down the road i need to take to get to work and i finally have an opportunity to overtake, just as i overtake he moves to the middle of the road and very nearly runs me off the side. I explode and race beside him abusing him then cut in front and slow down to 30 kms, he tries overtaking i stop him, this continues for a little while and I drive off, drop keys off and go home. It was the second time ive ever exploded on the road like that.

Today i get into work and tell my boss the story, turns out the guy is one of the neighbours and already talked to my boss. Turns out the guy is actually a crazy old guy with guns. Turns out the guys brother in law is one of the only cops in the area. Turns out he gave my rego plates to said cop to 'monitor' me. Coincidentally i see a police car on the back road i take to work for the second or third time in the year i've worked there and this cop car was waiting on the side of the road.

I foresee me either getting 'randomly' pulled over or shot in the very near future.

I think I'll keep my car safely tucked in here at Bowning and use the g/fs car to run in and out of Canberra to avoid murrumbateman then lol

Edited by Sauce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to tell everyone on the northside to go fill up on bp ultimate at bp jamison. Cheapest "available" Premium 98 I could find on the north side, at a 163.9, i filled up a whole 8 and a bit litres, such a good deal!, only 19c a little more than the shell V Power 144.9, which unfortunately was out of stock all over belco. I can say will be back real soon!, also 95 premium was good too, only 154.9 when 91 ron was 137.9 lol. Thumbs up for Jamison BP I say. ;):)

BP Jamison, has charged extra for Ultimate for ages now, just part of the service.... managed to fill up on 8000 at mobil braddon for 1.40, went to three other servos and they were all out of premium. Will be an interesting few weeks if oil stays at 100+ $ a barrel :teehee:

I think I'll keep my car safely tucked in here at Bowning and use the g/fs car to run in and out of Canberra to avoid murrumbateman then lol

Memories!!! @ Bowning! Argh. I lived there for 16 years (age 3 to ~21). Moved back into Canberra a few years ago. You're not wrong calling it "middle of nowhere!"

I used to live on the second highest hill in Bowning, overlooking the highway that goes off to Harden (the side facing away from Bowning Hill). It was a mongrel of a hill to walk up/down on the way to school! Very steep. Dad moved the house there in 7 pieces from Binalong... DUMB idea). I think the block was actually divided up some years ago and that my old house is now owned by a dog breeder, cos they had a dog sign on the front and lots of little high-fenced pens last time I drove by.

The really dumb thing is: we used to live in the house next to the Bowning servo (the one that is still standing!). That's right - we moved WITHIN Bowning... *forehead smack*

However, we did get the house from Binalong for FREE (using the loose definition of the word 'house', it would have been the equivalent of a rolling car shell) and get this: the 2.5 acre block with sprawling views for miles and miles cost us just $17 grand! Mind you, my olds had to take out a personal loan just to pay the deposit on the land, and this was when interest rates were at their highest! Fun times and lots of cheap pancakes for all :teehee:

I'm glad I grew up there as a kid thrashing around with sticks in the grass and plenty of space to ride a BMX, but I don't think I could handle living out there these days! Also feel for Baconer, halfway to bvggery :) and can see why bad drivers would p1ss him off, given that there's so few ppl on the road, it's not hard to drive politely and clear of everyone else!

</NOSTALGIA>

PS, yeah BP Jamo has always been expensive. I try to fill up at BP Braddon, but I have NFI what Ultimate costs these days with the car off the road the past 3 months!

Edited by sl33py