SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

i'm not certain you can defect a defected vehicle.

I'm also not certain if an additional penalty applies if your already defected.

would seem superfluous wouldn't it

Edit: Can you/should you even drive a defected vehicle on the road ?

I'm sure it can be defected for something else.

It depends on the colour sticker (level of defect), some will be instantly deemed un safe to drive, that requires a tow truck. But if you get a defect forma cracked window then the may give you 5-21 days to have it repaired and inspected at a local certified work shop. Unless your young and have a nice car, the they be all like "hmmm looks like your leaking halogen fluid and your indicator fluid is low, full inspection at Dickson for you!"

Edited by gtr judd
  • Like 2

The person who took the pic said there were 3 RTA vehicles watching and he only saw one car get pulled over - the yellow Evo for revving its engine.

That's a bit better I guess, that they weren't going over everyone.

I can understand cops being there for general crowd control, and if some douche decides to drive dangerously with all those people around.... but RTA inspectors is just a c#nt act in my opinion.

this is why i don't take my car to formal runs TBH.

• Like 1

I have see a thread on Facebook about a person that had received a defect notice to go to Dickson, receive another defect during the 2 week period. From the photos from their page, it was obvious their commodore was defectable.

It shouldn't be an issue for cars that are road legal. And the some times particular car groups/community brings the police presence on themselves. I've seen a fair amount of ads on Facebook groups about including a skid for extra monies.

I have see a thread on Facebook about a person that had received a defect notice to go to Dickson, receive another defect during the 2 week period. From the photos from their page, it was obvious their commodore was defectable. It shouldn't be an issue for cars that are road legal. And the some times particular car groups/community brings the police presence on themselves. I've seen a fair amount of ads on Facebook groups about including a skid for extra monies.

that's f**ked, idiots in commodores! makes me worried about doing another formal run.....

its people like that, that ruins everything for everyone :(

The person who took the pic said there were 3 RTA vehicles watching and he only saw one car get pulled over - the yellow Evo for revving its engine.

That's a bit better I guess, that they weren't going over everyone.

how do you get defected for revving your engine? or was that a reason to go over the car?

Blow off valve noise = defect.

Noise pollution, too loud, and I'm sure intent to hoon lol

The fact is you could buy a car off the show room, drive from the dealer 2 metres down the road and get a defect for anything. If something looks suspicious to them, thery can defect you. For anything. Shit huh?

They dont need a reason but giving them a reason by doing a few throttle jabs will get their attention

Edited by gtr judd

^^^^this.

have heard of defects for drl on a new 86.....

srsly, cops have nothing better to do?

can understand if the car was scrapping the ground.

and they keep defecting cars exhaust noise, what about bikes that run open pipes?

oh, wait, most those guys are bikies and will hurt you, so you better not pull them over....

go for the easy targets instead.

/rant.

• Like 1

Bike Vs car?

Actually most are not bikies, 99% are not bikies.

My 86 year old dad still rides his Beamers. My yuppie brother rides Italian bikes, and i love my 2 stroke dirt bikes.

Cops generally (except the bike cops) dont know enough about bikes to defect them.

RTA go nuts on bikes. But its the same as a car, you can put the rego muffler on to pass defects/rego.

And most people who ride are very interested in having a roadworthy bike, its much safer. A bald front tyre can kill you easy on a bike.

Ps: see the rebs at the year 10 formal? I wonder why they were there?

I thought about them targeting hot cars and bikes to steal, someone suggested they try to sell drugs to schoolkids, which wouldnt surprise me.

More likely, one of their kids was there. But they have to make a scene, attention seekers.

I know 2 ex bikies, who have told me ALL about it, so i dont have a good opinion of them.

/counter rant :nyaanyaa:

^^^^this.

have heard of defects for drl on a new 86.....

srsly, cops have nothing better to do?

can understand if the car was scrapping the ground.

and they keep defecting cars exhaust noise, what about bikes that run open pipes?

oh, wait, most those guys are bikies and will hurt you, so you better not pull them over....

go for the easy targets instead.

/rant.

My BoV don't vent to atmos and they are still loud when boosting lool

Also screw bike vs car. Lets go car vs car. How many ferrari's are WELL over the limit? all of them. But they won't ever get defected.

RTA & Cops work in mysterious ways. Its really not hard to see why people dont respect traffic cops

They are also far more lenient on older drivers. When my GTR is ready for Dickson, I'll supply my 51 year old step father the papers and get him to run it through.

Cops generally (except the bike cops) dont know enough about bikes to defect them.

RTA go nuts on bikes. But its the same as a car, you can put the rego muffler on to pass defects/rego.

cops dont generally know enough about cars to defect them.

doesnt stop em.

• Like 1

Spent to last few days packing early for the move to Melbourne.

I had no idea we had this much stuff :S
Has anyone had any good/bad stories with removalist companies?

I should probably look into that this week.

I move furniture for a job, new furniture though. But our company does house removals to fill! In the gaps during the week. Unfortunately I dont think I can help you to Melbourne as we are flat out, I booked 3 moves today and still waiting on a few lol

I would point you towards Leader Removals, you wanna talk to Andrew, tell him Judd from Pearl recommended him. He should look after you and has a great crew of guys.

Edited by gtr judd
  • Like 1