SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

phone LCD screen replacements

anyone know who/where does this and can be trusted ?

I have 2 HTC Mobile phones where I have cracked the screen

These are worth $450 and $650 bucks so I'd like to see if I can repair them

all help appreciated :)

I've done it before on HTC depends which model it is I can probably do it for you. Sometimes you have to get the LCD plus the digitizer because it's nearly impossible to seperate them.

You can try the phone shop vendors in tuggers mall or Woden infront of Vodafone

Soda blasting was used on my GTR bonnet. Very gently but still managed to rip a whole in the alloy bonnet.

I think in the hands of an experienced operator it has it's benefits.

I expect rubber and sills need to be covered correctly or avoided.

Ive always done my cars prep by hand. The whole lot. Takes a long time but you get better results. Hope damage was not too bad Mik.

The rubbers can be fixed, they are old and hard and can be sanded back, maybe thats why the soda did that.

The plastic bit in the back window seal is fked anyway, i might cut it out and do a bead of sealant in the gap.

So in hindsight, you can sand just as close or closer than you can blast, and blasting lifts the rubber and leaves crud under there.

Im glad i only did a couple of spots, ill have to clean behind the rubber to get it sitting flush again.

post-89755-0-06799200-1392885986_thumb.jpg

Its good for getting paint out of the tight corners, and probly good for cleaning small metal parts

Its not working properly, the guy sent a bag of the wrong soda, so it clogs up. It works with constant shaking, but thats kinda hard to do while your trying to use it.

I cant get blasting soda in canberra that i know of, and the car will be primed before the right stuff turns up....... :/

Maybe ill do the old wheels or something.

Caught up with a few mates and went for a quick cruise - they met up with the Braddon guys... left there not wanting to be around kidz doing fatty skiddiez. So went up to Mt Ansilie and chatted about Initial D with a m8 who tagged along then went home. So good taking Rosie out for a long nip :)

Spotted a R33 GTR and a white R34 GTT and about 50 SS's haha

Edited by RosieR34