SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

Yeah the one here isn't armed 100% of the time. But it's held here with everything it needs just incase of an emergancy, Like if a high profile flight is coming in they deploy it as a care package for said flight (and they can't get one from Williamtown). I hear that they want to have a landing strip @ JOC intime for the F35 Lightning Launch, as the F/A-18 is due to be decommisioned soon.

Edit: the one here i believe they rotate from Williamtown i don't know if it is the same plane all the time. But i see 1 at least 1 time a week.

Edited by Anfanee

Hmm one of the Varients of the F-35 can takeoff vertically and land vertically. So they may not even put in a runway.

Australia is not getting the vertical lift JSF's they're only for the marines from memory and I think UK is having a few. We've already have a handful of them, but they're currently in the states being tested/worked on but they are AU JSF's - be quite a few more years before we start seeing them around Australia.

Australia is not getting the vertical lift JSF's they're only for the marines from memory and I think UK is having a few. We've already have a handful of them, but they're currently in the states being tested/worked on but they are AU JSF's - be quite a few more years before we start seeing them around Australia.

Yeah i know full deployment is for 2020. Prob more like 2025. Guess we will find out.

My point was there should be a jet in Canberra ready always coz 15mins is a lot of time. Theres a parliament house. Good target.

15mins from Williamtown to Canberra - it would be a lot of time if the enemy was flying in Canberra, but as I explained in a previous post - enemy jets wouldn't get to Canberra in time for that. Too much radar etc. It's not like the US/EU where you can look across the field and be looking into a different country.

F 35 is a dual purpose bike plane.

:down:

F 22 has gone down the same path as the Comanche

Theres only so much g force a body can take, and heaps of older fighters are that good.

Unmanned is the new thing.

So wish the Comanche went into full production :(