SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

Damn all you pubes although like amaru said it keeps people like me employed :ninja: I have never actually worked for the PS i had the opportunity a couple of times but i seem to always just move to another private company... go figure

lol baconer that is pretty funny more so because of the replies to the movie and how it's racist and then people calling each other crackers etc... crackers funniest word ever.

shuttup cracker!

^^ I work on a farm haha

Soon to be in Defence Force getting a trade, but until then im a bumpkin

Which trade are you going for and which sevice? (i was in army for 4 1/2 years).

Have my JOEs day today :ninja:

Anyway im applying for Aircraft Mechanic with my next options being Structural Fitter and Fitter Turner all in the Army

How long ago were you in the army and whats life in the defence force like, have heard different stories from different people about what its like.

Bloody hell this is depressing... Do the aptitude test and tech tests at my JOEs today and do well enough to be told I can apply for any trade of my choice pending results of my med test. So im sitting there for 2 hours waiting and waiting just thinking about which trade would pay the best/ be the most interesting. Walk into the nurses office and she brings out the colour testing. Fail first, fail 2nd, fail 3rd.

"Yea your a CP3, your employment options include; cook, dental assistant, musician etc"

Awesome... Now ive got 2 more days of no work to sit at home and think about this fact.

I discharged in December. Damn man that sucks, my missus just went into the navy as a chopper technician, its probly the hardest course in the forces, so you would have really, really wanted to do it.

In the army, it depends on what you do, but for the first year or 2, expect to be treated like crap, then after that, expect a bit more of it, but if you enjoy the job you sign up for, then it makes it worth while, so choose wisely :P

The Navy an Airforce get treated a lot better, but the jobs arent as hardcore, so it depends on whether you love the whole green hardcore thing, or just want a secure job with a good career option.

I could go on for ages, but the army has got a lot of things over the other 2 aswell. Pm if you wanna know more :D