SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

Holy crap... just got back from the Classic Celica Cruise in Sydney. 11 of us driving, we get on the M5 and all get separated after a few take a wrong exit. I wasn't planning on getting separated... I had no ones phone numbers, my CB was out of range, i had no map, no GPS, i didnt even know what street I was on or where i was going... I was asking for directions from everyone I could but Sydney people are jerks, they helped but I would just end up more lost then before 2 hours later I stop at a BP to buy a map (It took me so long to find a petrol station i could actually get in to), turns out the BP is on the correct road and made it to the cruise and still managed to beat 3 of the other Canberra guys there.

Fun apart from that shitstorm, i was so close to giving up and driving home... I managed to pick up my PS3 and GTA IV aswell :) So now im going to take out my rage on a video game

also just got hamburgers and chips from the food van at woden... chatted to the guy and he owns a GTIR pulsar so I told him to go to the museum.... so... like... if some random pulsar guy turns up next friday...that's why :)

you were on the M5 but you got lost getting to canberra ??? :D

btw LOVE that yellow lambo!!!!

no, not that bad haha.

Was from Canberra heading to homebush stadium. They pulled off the M5 at the wrong exit but took the next on ramp which was no more then 200m down from the exit, i couldnt swerve back in time and got separated without any map, gps or phone to call anyone so naturally i drove around looking for a sign to Homebush and got completely lost.

Was a really nice place for a car meet up. Heres some pics i took

dscf0355vv4.jpg

dscf0356gv0.jpg

dscf0357zo1.jpg

dscf0348za4.jpg

dscf0332wt7.jpg

dscf0336jm3.jpg

nice pics, So has nige signed up yet? :D heard on the radio that he was having the skyline serviced in Fyshwick somewhere Yesterday I think. Someone should invite him to Texi number 2 :)

fun story from 1 hour ago.

Think i've already said it here but next week we leave the property and will be back living in Canberra so we have to get rid of all our paddock bashers. No drama, only 1 still ran so i got permission from my sister to absolutely destroy it before EZscrap comes. So alls going well, plowing through trees as usual when me and 2 friends (they came to take one of their paddock cars home, still regoed :down:, this was all a spur of the moment thing) decide to take the car off some sweet jumps. Things escalate until we get a fair amount of air and land what feels like nose first into the ground. Whiplash for all.

So its my turn again, i drive it through the forest area and decide to side swipe a tree, i get too close and get whipped (hard to describe, basically hitting too much on the left side caused me to sling shot further to the left) directly into a gigantic tree stump. One of my mates in the back seat had instant bruising across the stomach and i nearly face planted into the steering wheel. The damage was weird, radiator still mostly intact but everything underneath it was pushed back 50cm or so. Car still runs so we drove it back to its original parking spot.

My neck is killing unsurprisingly, can't wait till the morning to feel the real pain haha.

It was a good send off from farm life

oooo ouch!

aw look at all the pretty silly cars

Has anyone else been seeing flashes of light in the sky the past couple of days? or are the aliens just targeting me lol :down:

Has anyone else been seeing flashes of light in the sky the past couple of days

Aren't they aeroplanes?

Anywho... I was in Sydney on Monday at a caryard and some guy walked in and was asking about importing the new r35 GTR or whatever its called.. he got quoted $165,000.00.. I thought it was more than that.

Has anyone else enquired about the 35? (or whatever its called)

nerm

Has anyone else been seeing flashes of light in the sky the past couple of days? or are the aliens just targeting me lo

While I haven't seen the lightning I've been watching over the last 2 days the clouds turn from fluffy clouds into big towering storm cells down here in Tuggers.

haha silly cars, thats what my dads new 50 year old wife calls them aswell, must be a generational thing :woot:

well since she's nowhere near my generation I wouldnt know!!! :)

actually I thought everyone called them silly cars ;)

Aren't they aeroplanes?

lol smartarse :D

While I haven't seen the lightning I've been watching over the last 2 days the clouds turn from fluffy clouds into big towering storm cells down here in Tuggers.

so we're getting a storm soon? apparently there was supposed to be hail in sydney tonight...

the light I saw was in Manuka and it was kind of like a red light camera flash but way higher up and bigger. I guess it could have been lightning. I thought there might have been something on somewhere.... was kind of weird..

$14500. I stupidly just accepted rather then ask for more but im happy with that.

21 year old guy new to Canberra, I'll tell him about the forums and see if he will join up so i can keep an eye on the my old car :cheers: