SAU Community

The Wasteland - ACT Style

krzysiu

Funny as hell... I lol'd :D

you have to watch this if it's the only thing you do today - funny as f**k

............................................................................. :/

Edited by Sinista32

LOL I've NEVER heard of people doing that! sounds like something I'd do personally....

umm, well...yeah technically you're supposed to have them mounted on the outside, but you could easily get away with having them in your windscreen as long as you don't draw any attention. Hell, you could get away with not displaying them at all if you never get yourself pulled over (of course RBT is unavoidable) but that's not a great idea anyway.

Never seen the magnetics nicked at lights, thats funny as (even though kinda feel bad for ya).

Also still gotta be wary with any plates leaving em on the car in a car park. I used to have my cable tied into the metal brackets.

I've seen lotta pplz use the static window ones or the ones hanging off a suction cup, but I know in act they don't approve of it, cos it "blocks your vision".. As if you'd be dumb enough to put it where interfers with your vision. But ahh well.

says the man who bought a car with a fuel tank the size of a thimble. because the designers thought that was a good idea :D

Haha, it's so that they had room to fit the collection tank for all the awesome that car puts out. :action-smiley-069:

fair call, also if i leave my car in SA rego can i not get defected? is there a rule for how long i can go without having it in ACT rego? But going from that, i will only be relocating temporarily (2years) ill still have my house in SA so technically my "home" would be in Adelaide

as you still have a residence in SA you can keep the rego in SA. the only thing that you really need to worry about is if they have yearly inspections as part of rego in SA as you wont be able to get one here.

though you might want to change is the postal address to your address here or to a friend/parent and they can forward anything on to you.

Yeah i would get my parents to forward all my rego stickers/mail on to me from my place. any idea how they conduct the SA inspections cos really they wouldn't know that i was there :S

There are always legalities and issues.

Primarily from what I understand it has to do with your place of dwelling. I don't think you should have to change your license and rego if only here short term, eg 2-5years max.. This can be an issue for people who work in defense and travel regularly for work...

But as far as the law is concerned, you are meant to change your rego and license within 2 weeks of moving to a new dwelling, so from that I think it fair that if still own a home etc, and have your bills etc there, and just get mail forwarded for a time, and then are moving back, it is fair to be able to keep rego and licenses from those places.

Your issues may arise during insurance claims. Obviously you need to adjust your garage address for some parts of insurance, but if make an insurance claim or are involved in an accident the police and insurance companies may inquire into why your licensing and registration is not local. And as long as you have a clear story and a firm reasoning for it, generally at worst you may get is a warning and a request to change things. If lucky they'll won't even ask or will leave it be at that.