SAU Community

Oil Pressure Paranoia

ickis3030

Hey guys,

Im new to posting but i have trolled the forums for about a year since getting my R33 gts25t

Ok now to the question. I live in brisbane and it can get dam hot here, so i know that oil pressure should be lower when hot. Usualy my oil gauge sits just above 2 " "about 2 mill" at idle, i have changed over to full synth oil about 2 months ago. OK so im driving all is fine, after about 30 min of driving, at idle the pressure drops to about 2 mill under 2 and the needle seems less responsive to revs . I know its not much, but like i said for a year it would sit about 2 mill above 2 at idle. If i turn the car of then start it up strait away it goes back to its usual temp and stays there. does this sound like the start of a fault sender, or am i being paranoid.

I rang the mechanic about it and he wants me to bring it in, Im not realy in the $$$$ so dont realy wana do that just yet.

sorry for the rambling, im a little stressed!!!

JC

The stock gauges arent all that accurate so I wouldnt worry too much, especially if your engine is nice and quiet. If its really hot where you live, i would advise using a thicker oil, like a 5W40 or 5W50 (Shell Helix Ultra / Mobil 1 respectively). This would keep the pressure up in the heat.