SAU Community

track/drift day saturday January 15th $150bux

fatz

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cmon you know you want to ;)  pick up a helmet from a motorcycle shop they are pretty cheap

We ll see how broke I am at that stage :P) I also need the air filter and the pedals, cant heel and toe with the stock pedals at all...

I got my helmet for $200 but I know you can get them for $150 new and given the money people spend on their cars it's hardly a major expense. As for needing pedals to go to a track day :uhh:. Lame.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I think we've got to get people into the habit of 'taking it to the track' so I'm just giving you a friendly kick up the arse. :P

We ll see how broke I am at that stage :)) I also need the air filter and the pedals, cant heel and toe with the stock pedals at all...

hahah just need some practice, I can assure you its possible to heal and toe on stock skyline pedals :)

And not directed at you, but generally....

I have read at least 50 times in the last 4 days "keep it on the track". Was everyone just repeating what they thought they were meant to say, or do they really mean it?

This is one of the *cheapest* track days I have seen, and there will be experienced drivers on hand to help with tips.

What will it take to get people off the road and onto the track.

I got flamed in a friendly fashion ... i guess .... :) What i m saying is that i m more than willing to go, but before i do i need to the above mentioned things like the helmet and the pedals. Simple as that. And i wasnt making excuses. So :)

As per heel and toeing. I had aftermarket pedal caps on my laser and the brake was very dead on it, i.e. you can pump it up and down without noticing much effect on the car. So that was pretty easy. The skyline pedals have a different brake to accelerattor level than i used to. So the effect is i am there trying to heel and toe with my foot absolutely retarded and the nose going up and down and the revs not moving at all coz i cant reach it. Hehe. neways... I ll get it sorted.

Fatz, whats the charge if my gf wants to take the lady for a spin around the track? Does she need to pay another 150 or just a passenger fee?

I'm in. I'll even make the drive from Wagga (like 4 hours) just to come. So there is no way any other members should have an excuse.

How many guys usually turn up for these things?

I'm in. I'll even make the drive from Wagga (like 4 hours) just to come. So there is no way any other members should have an excuse.  

How many guys usually turn up for these things?

Hey bring arm85 with you, you guys can do a wagga->syd trackday cruise :)

Neil, get used to running that rotor in, you'll need to do it again every time you blow it up :(

Speaking of which it looks unlikely teh gtr will be rolling by then, will have to bring along something else ;)

Igor, passengers are welcome, there is a small fee to cover the insurance about $30 I think.

Neil you sneaky bastard!! when are you taking it out???

Tosh find me some more track time to run it in and I'll be there. :D;):)

Um Duncan so when will the yellow piece of crap be ready,,,,June/July???. In the mean time I'll be having fun racing and you'll be holding the video. :headspin: :headspin: :headspin:

Neil.