SAU Community

Hks Gt2530

MickyR33

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading a write up on a comparison on the GT2530(I think) and the GT-RS in zoom I think it was, was a very goof read. I'll scan it in and post it if anyone was keen to have a look?

The end result was that although the GT-RS lacked a little bit in top end the mid range response was awesome. It was picked over the GT2530 but price is a bit of a turn off.

Could you send me a scan of this article. I'm very interested in the GT-RS turbo but now I wonder.

Thanks

I have been doing some research, and it LOOKS to me based on the comments throughout here on GT2530s etc that a TD05-big 16G from a Mitsubishi EVO3 (and some others) would do a similar job.

I think with many of the turbos designed for 2L 4cyl they would make a noticeable amount less on the RB25.. If you could get it rebuilt to more suitable A/R ratios and the like could be an idea though, esp if you're getting it for dirt cheap.

I have been looking at the GT-RS .. at $2500 for a "full kit" (+ taxes etc) its worth thinking about. I am not sure whether i want massive HP numbers to start with on a stock bottom end, and that looks like it fits the bill.

So consensus is around 240rwkw or so with a nice broad powerband? A dyno graph for rb25 would be very nice to see :)

Thought the gtrs was a bigger turbo - people seem to be getting more power from these than 2835??!!

strictly speaking, 2835 is a 400ps rated turbo, exactly the same as GT-RS.

Its the 2835Pro and 2835R that have the 420ps rating. Hence more power from the 2835Pro's that people such as grepin (287rwkw?) are getting. I think that was at 1.2 bar. So far ive heard a GTRS pull 250rwkw at 1bar, so they arent too far apart.

bd4s got fined by the council while tuning my car even after 7 years of tuning  

so dyno is at sas  

were waiting on os giken clutch then they gonna retune...but heres an rb25 dyno

with the gt-rs b4 and after

Good results:thumbsup: Are you able to list all the mods?

Hi guys late post.I got this quote from www.horsepowerinabox.com

I can do the GT2535 in the T3 flange internal gated for $1750, but not the

GT2530.

We also do a 500hp core unit with a .70 comp cover for the RB25 as a bolt on

Internal gate for $2150.

Regards

Do any of you know the garret gt2535 turbo's housing specs.Are they the same as HKS?

I also found a link to a site where HKS is compared to garret. clickey

lol dyno was at the wheels of course.........

mods are just the usual bolt ons so far

HKS gt-rs turbo

HKS 550 ccinjectors

greddy plenum

HKS fuel pump

splitfire coils

apexi power fc

HKS silent hiper exhaust

HKS type S intercooler

HKS evc

HKS metal flow

HKS sqv

HKS iridium plugs

few other bits and peices no internals yet so could pull more power easily....

There is a mountain of "garrett" vs "HKS" discussion in this very forum... its amazing

Do You guys know if garrett turbos are rated in ps atw or ate(at the engine)??Likewise with HKS.

pretty much all the turbos I know rate at the engine.. its only rough anyhow.. too many factors can vary it around.

Least you know the HKS is going to come out of the box working :D

lol dyno was at the wheels of course.........

mods are just the usual bolt ons so far

HKS gt-rs turbo

HKS 550 ccinjectors

greddy plenum

HKS fuel pump

splitfire coils

apexi power fc

HKS silent hiper exhaust

HKS type S intercooler

HKS evc

HKS metal flow

HKS sqv

HKS iridium plugs

few other bits and peices no internals yet so could pull more power easily....

NICE:)...all done at BD4s?...i bet Paul loves you:)

SAS have a good name around the traps of not leaning on engines too hard, and dyno figures being on the money...so very nice results with what should be a strong reliable combo:thumbsup:

Last question...what boost is it running to make that power and where is boost pressure being measured?

thizzle that is an awesome power curve! looks to have about the same response as my 2530, but with stronger top end! -I hope im impressed by my 2835pro!

Looking at that curve the GTRS could be THE ultimate daily-driver/weekend racer turbo upgrade!

Looking at that curve the GTRS could be THE ultimate daily-driver/weekend racer turbo upgrade!

LOL...if you own an RB25:(

Yeh Paul is a tope bloke, runs a tight ship:thumbsup:...shame he hasnt gone crazy with the R34 yet:(

LOL...if you own an RB25:(

Yeh Paul is a tope bloke, runs a tight ship:thumbsup:...shame he hasnt gone crazy with the R34 yet:(

Yet is the word the big t51r sittin there waitin to go on..i went it for a spin it the other day to see how the shocks went....drooled the whole ride :D