SAU Community

handbrake cables r30

i have tried to get handbrake cables made before( not for a r30 tho) and had no success finding someone to do it...as soon as you mention its for brakes they dont wanna touch it.

i ended up findingone at a wreckers

i have tried to get handbrake cables made before( not for a r30 tho) and had no success finding someone to do it...as soon as you mention its for brakes they dont wanna touch it.

i ended up finding one at a wreckers

a couple of wreckers told me to go to marine control cables in labrador, took it to them today said what it was "handbrake cable" and he said "off an old skyline i guess". he said he'd have a new one made by fri for me..

have you ever had to order something from nissan? i had to order a new clip for the shifter to hold it in place took 2 weeks to get here and cost $18, it takes time and is always expensive..

the lines are the same but hard to find. i throught i had a set waiting just to swap over but turns out the passenger side one was seized as the old calipar from my hatch was broken and just didnt work??? news to me...

hmm you must have an average nissan dealer then.

i ordered some bits off my local and the said we will call when they get in, to my surprise they were in 8am the next day!

oh and now my nextdoor neighbour works there so its even better!

Hey RSX84, would that be Von Bibra Nissan at Southport you're talking about? Never dealt with them personally, but they tried to rip off a friend of mine by telling her that her brakes needed replacing. She took the car there with a noise in the front end, and they said the discs are warped, and are too thin to machine, and pads were worn too. I had a look at them, and they were 0.5mm under new size (1.5mm of wear left) and the pads still had 9.5mm of material left on them.

She took the car back to one of their other yards on the gold coast, and they machined the discs for free. Car's good as gold now.

Anyway: I digress. I've usually never had a problem ordering stuff from Nissan dealers (except for the useless mob in Mount Isa, about 13 years ago). At times, they've supplied OEM parts cheaper than genereic aftermarket ones (eg timing belt for RB30)

The Adelaie Cable Company (23 Naweena Rd Regency Park 5010 (08) 8347 1944) will make custom cables. I've had brand new cables made for my Z and my dad has had new speedo & handbrake cables made for his 510 & SP310. The DR30 cables will be the same as the RMR30 hatch or MR30 Ti.

• 4 months later...

hey sorry to dig up an old thread, but better to keep it going than start a new one on the same topic (cos ppl get told off for that :))...

I'm looking for 2 rear hand brake cables for my DR30. I highly doubt anyone knows any places in Perth but if there are any leads over east then that's great.

Thank you in advance.