SAU Community

which will u pick?

kenhuang

1994 skyline black

Pioneer CD player, Turbosmart Type III Blow off Valve, Apexi AVC-R Boost Controller, HKS Air Filter, Lowered RSR Springs, Full 3" Exhaust System, Near New Tyres, Genuine Skyline Floor Mats (Front & Rear). . 83000kms

px=$17000

or a series 2 skyline 1996 fully stock 88000kms at $19000 grand

or a nissan 180sx, front mount full exhaust sound system 55000kms $15000

really need help...also are they at good px?

the paintwk the 1996 one is better by the way with an auction grade 4.

if can post reply to

[email protected]

i will really appreciate ur help

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id pick either the series II over the 1994

the series II becoz its newer and is only 2k more... even though its stock.. its not like the 1994 skyline has that many mods.. u could prolly get the series II up the same level with another couple of grand if u shop on forums..

however, dont discount the 180 just yet.. its got heaps of potential, and lotsa parts floating around.. cheaper too..

though if you asked this question on SilviaWA you would get a totally diff response

Depends if you want something that will be fast. Remeber modding your car is F8cken expensive so if you are going to go down that path then I would get the 1994 as half of the expense is already covered...

NOTE: No matter what you say now your new stock line will feel slow in a couple of weeks... I was very disapointed with the performance of my stock skyline, and about 7 g's later in performance parts I am happy (for now :D)

are these cars in japan or local?

if in japan i would go the stock one.

if local i would look carefully at the 94 model but prolly still pick the stock car as its got less chance of being mistreated...

but if you can see that the car hasnt been mistreated (as such) i would go for the 94 model coz i have one and suspension and bolts ons goes a long way in terms of cash and pleasure to drive factor.

things to look for:

interior (wear on gearstick and handbreak)

regular services? (ask how often he services)

exhaust, does it blow any shit?

owner, you tell by the owner how fked the car has been, although some a good actors.

goodluck with car dood

ps. dont get a 180, get a real car, get a skyline... :D hehehe

true, speaking from experience is better than just saying something is shit without testing it.....

why would you pick a rex over a gtst?

put it this way, i like rwd and did 13.2 down the 1/4, my car is reponsive and has hard but comfortable (some ppl think its too hard :D) suspension and it handles awesome....its fast enough for me, although im strapping on a new turbo in the future.....i love my car and its a pleasure to drive. is 33 gtst the right car for me? i think yes.... :D

rex, i like the old look like the one of stingers...but most arnt sti's.

understeer, i have only heard but i did hear they understeer like cops.

top end....my car is faster than new sti's top end.... look at video of r32turbo kym racing that rex on that vid off antilag.....my car beats his top end....because we used to race all the time coz he lives down here with me....(before he moved to melbourne)

like i said, i have only heard....these are not facts....

but im interested why you would pick one over the gtst.

sorry for thread whoring but i think it could add to whether the 33 is the right car for you kenhuang

Fane

Understeer is fixed very easliy with some sway bars and ALK.

The WRX kills, and i mean absolutely destroys the gtst for handling and corning.

With mild mods and value for money - a rex will kill a gtst.

I had on mine a link ecu i bought second hand for 800, exhaust was there already, vf22 turbo 1200 - and some tuning - and was running mid to high 12's.

My mates bug eye with same turbo and computer (as well as the standard tmic) ran a 12.78.

So on the street where top end is not such a huge factor ...... WRX > gtst.

For your money your get more value.

PS - sorry not trying to start a shit fight - just answering fanes question.

GTR and the RB26 is a completely different story.

no shit fight to be started im quite interested.... :D

as for top end, what kind of mph was the 12s done? 60' times?

no doubt mid and take off would pull like a train but i love the way skylines just keep pulling...

no doubt wrx's are machines on the street as like you said top end isnt such a factor.

how much is a rex these days? considering age aswell...

how much is a 94 rex? with the mods to make it not understeer....

mine 60 footer was crap - around 1.9ish @ 170km

mods to fix understeer will cost around $300 (150ish for Anti Lift Kit, 150 sway bars).

A MY98 rex can be had around the 22 mard these days with mods, less for the 96/94 models .

great value - the older models - pre 96 came with a TD05 standard. not bad hey.

Dan

Newer GTST

Series one will be coming up to rebuild time!

Otherwise if your not sure about both of them - why not wait for a little bit til you see something you fall in love with.

fantastic conversation, very informative but how exactly is this helping the original topic being S1 vs S2 vs 180SX? Seriously Dan, he really didn't want to know about how great a WRX is and given it's a skyline forums I don't think a lot of other people on here would really care. Good for you that you'd have one over a GTST, I certainly wouldn't cause they don't offer what i'm after nor do they appeal to me in the looks department.

Back to TOPIC, I'm also bias, as I have a S2, you're getting a slightly newer car with revised features (interior trim, rear bar, headlights etc) for a little premium over the S1. They are good prices also :D As Bam said, don't discount the 'ol 180SX as they are light, quick and relativley inexpensive to mod (all things being equal) The SR20 is a powerhouse of a motor too and can easily be made to double output. Like GunMetalR33 said though, modifying anything is f#cking and i mean F#CKING expensive. The skyline is a bigger, more comfortable car if you're having it as a daily driver.

Why? Do you need 4WD to be able to drive????

Not everybody wants 4WD if thats what you are getting at. If you wont suggest anything from the list then dont post... If you must make irrelevant comments then at least give a reason.

NONE - If its not a GTR dont bother - id get a WRX over a gtst anyday.

Dave

the thread was which I would buy - i stated my answer and followed on. I then went on to answer a question asked by fane. Whats the problem. Im sorry I didnt realise the high quality of posting in the West Section of late was not met by my first hand experience encounter.

GUN - who the fark said you needed 4wd ??????? Your the only one.

And just so u know - I dont think WRX is oh so wonderful - I was just giviing a guy another option so as to help him make a informed decision in purchasing a car.

fantastic conversation' date=' very informative but how exactly is this helping the original topic being S1 vs S2 vs 180SX? Seriously Dan, he really didn't want to know about how great a WRX is and given it's a skyline forums I don't think a lot of other people on here would really care. Good for you that you'd have one over a WRX, I certainly wouldn't cause they don't offer what i'm after nor do they appeal to me in the looks department.

Sorry Dan but i agree with Dave. The WRX doesnt suit everybody .... it certainly didnt suit me - and still doesnt. :D It wasnt a choice.

And if he didnt want to cause a shit fight why does he keep doing this .... he knows what the reactions will be .... we've been thru this in a mountain of threads comparing oranges n apples etc - its like a dog chasing its tail.

doesnt suit me but it doesnt mean that what dan was saying is crap...

thats why we were having this discussion....

to see what the advantages and disadvantages of both cars are....

i think it helps the dood understand what he is buying....

go the 33 :D

doesnt suit me but it doesnt mean that what dan was saying is crap...

thats why we were having this discussion....

to see what the advantages and disadvantages of both cars are....

i think it helps the dood understand what he is buying....

go the 33 :D

Yes but he didnt ask about the WRX therefore its not relevant to the thread. Im sure like all of us do when considering cars that we narrow it down to what suits us .... which he's done.

Besides a lot of us find RWD is a lot more fun :D