SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

My car has now been sitting @ the docks in Japan for about 4months. Upon asking the importer i'm using for pics of it at the docks it seems the Recaro seat and a few other things have been taken out by the supplier before they released the car.

So now even if a ship has become available I can't get the car shipped because I have to get all this missing gear sorted :)

Not happy at all at the moment. It has been one stuff up after another.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something like that.  I was told they are coming in on Kiwi.  Was meant to leave about Dec 20, which I thought was when the Prince was scheduled to leave?

LW.

prince started loading on 20th and left the last of it's japan ports on 24th. it goes to Australia via new zealand, hence the long time between leaving japan and arriving in brisbane. hth

That's right mate. Unfortunately Kiwi only ship to brisbane. You need to have the car trucked to sydney at extra cost. Kiwi used to do it for free, but don't anymore. You have the option of having them truck if for you, but it costs $150 and they deliver to a depot in greenacre (so you'd have to organise freight from there). or you can organise it yourself and they'll pay the first $250 of the freight cost (on presentation of the paid invoice). try www.autotrans.com.au or http://www.coastlinevt.com.au/

Seems that your BL is taking a while. are they posting it from Japan or was it surrendered?

it works like this. car gets shipped from Japan to brissie. is unloaded there. goes through customs/aqis inspection and officially enters the country in brisbane, then it's trucked to wherever you want it (in this case sydney). So the customs clearance happens in brissie. then you just need to have it complianced. i suggest you enquire how much the road freight is going to cost, and to where it is going to be delivered. better you know now.

I agree with Richard. Don't "assume" anything in the import game. Just because your agent hasn't mentioned a charge doesn't mean they are absorbing the cost: it is more likely they have just forgotten to organise the transport or mention the cost.

Edit: makes more sense after fixing the spleeling.

LW.

Anyone know if the Kiwi ship leaving Kawasaki today has their car on it? I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

umm, you had better hope not mate. Cause that boat doesn't dock in Australia!! it goes, Kawasaki-Funabashi-Various NZ ports.

Bummer about you guys missing the december Kiwi vessel. What port are your cars at? My car made it onto the first available ship.

Richard

UPDATE: my car is on hte ship, the B/L has been surrendered and jspec are waiting on it now.

They said it will land in brissie, they do all the customs work and then roughly around 1 week after it lands, it gets delivered to my driveway.no hidden charges. they said it was included in the price when I purchased

EXCELLENT@!!!!

mark