SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had Seaway call me yesterday afternoon (my dad rang me and said "someone from SeaWorld just called about your coming in, I thought that was a resort?")

They said the ship will arrive on saturday and who was my customs agent, I just told them to see Gareth/Ben at jspec as they are handling it

cheers

mark :cheers:

ThaI wonder if a September 1990 will still be that cheap in September 2005 (providing the 15yr rule stays the same). I would expect them to go up.

I'd like to know how many of the r32 gtrs that are sold at auction come here with respect to the rest of the world.

I'd be very surprised if that DIDN'T happen :rofl: It's another risk vs. return things again! If you are happy to take the risk on the rules being unchanged in Sep 05, then buy it today and sell it for profit in Sep/Oct 05 :) Yet it is more likely that you'll just be buying a car that will need a RAWS, and as you said, is Grade A.

It seems that the importing hiccup changes every few months. In Aug-Sep, it was getting the VIA back - taking looooong time. From Oct-now, the shipping queues are very long. Perhaps they'll all be sorted in a month or two if NYK puts another trip on the schedule and then it'll be the 15yr waiting game that causes people stress! :cheers:

I guess it isn't meant to be easy, otherwise everyone would be doing it... hehehe

Mark

F%$@#$&^*$^

SOB! damn ships, I was told it usually goes to brissie first, which means I would have had it last week. god damn KIWI's

I got a phone call from Seaway 2 days ago saying it was coming in on the 15th, so I wonder why the move in schedule again, they having a holiday in NZ or something

mark

Ok guys, reguarding the shipping on the prince, I have emailed Seaway this morning who handle the shipping details

I got this response to questioning about the Prince's delays

The vessel is delayed and is due Brisbane around 19 Jan.

Unfortunately we have no control over weather conditions in the Pacific

Ocean, nor Berth Congestion at both load and discharge Ports which have

effected this vessel and many more

DAMN!

Consider yourself lucky you got on the boat Chrisroi. I'm sure there are many people that didn't. I still haven't heard from Geoff regarding shipping of my baby. Considering the boat is due to arrive on saturday I am slightly pissed that it has taken him this long. Anyway storage fees suck! Hope your baby arrives in mint condition!

I figured that due to the supposed 15 year rule change alot of aussies would be importing and that shipping would have delays, and I got free storage so I'm not to angry (my car was purchased in september)....

still no word on my car, I think theres less ships from hokkaido....

Ok

I just got my bad news. Car not going this month or next month.

Just sitting on the warf getting rusty. Cant do the mechanicals any good.

Three months so far. Looking at using a container

Have you guys had any experience with using containers. Good bad

Cheers

Mine arrives in brisbane on monday(if no more delays)

I AM ECSTATIC!!!

Hey merlin I think I beat you man, I paid for mine in Mid May 2004, Arriving January 17 2204

what ship was yours on?

Hey mines onthe prince as well, spoke to someone from the shipping companies on friday, she said expected arrival is now Wednesday :) website still says its monday though, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

So Mr r32 M-spec how are you getting it to sydney?