SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to sydney seaway this morning and my car cleared customs last friday, was booked onto a truck yesterday, should be collected today or tomorrow and will be here on monday or tuesday... yeeha!

omg lucien are you still chasing those rims? how long has it been? we've already brought down 2 containers in the time since I sent those rims to JAD...

Yup. Unfortunately (as I think you know), they never made it on to my car, but of course that wasn't discovered till I collected the car. Since then they have been waiting to ship, but caught in the same delays as everone else is experiencing.

Should find out in the next few days if they have actually made it or (more likely) nicked.

Edit: I also agree with the phone call things. Emails are nice because its a casual form of communication: that also means they are easy to ignore or people just fire off stock responses if they are overloaded. :rofl:

LW.

I am starting to crack the sh1ts. Car was cleared and ready to be picked up by the truck last friday. it's now 1 week later and the car is still in Brisbane... my patience is being sorely tested.

Richard: but you have such a nice Soarer to drive in the meaintime :P Seriously, this sh!t is just par for the course: so many people who couldn't care less about your little problem (ie. car). Just keep ringing and harassing.

LW.

waiting on this email from seway this arvo. I'd love to see the car on sunday

I would set yourself for dissapointment. From the reasearch I've done truck will take up to 5 days to reach Sydney. :P

Richard: but you have such a nice Soarer to drive in the meaintime :P  Seriously, this sh!t is just par for the course: so many people who couldn't care less about your little problem (ie. car).  Just keep ringing and harassing.

LW.

yeah the soarer is good. except that nick keeps knocking me about my wanky gadgets (reverse camera etc). You are right no-one gives a f**k exept me. I think I've been fairly patient thus far, but then again I haven't had any stuff ups. Bought car. got car to 'good' port. got import approval in 5 days. car got straight on next boat. so I don't have anything to whinge about really, it's just hard when it is sooooooo close and they let a week pass (even with me on their a$$es) before it got on a truck.

I will certainly ring them either this afternoon or Monday to confirm where the car is.

not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...not long now.... not long now...

mate, you should have been told within two days if your car was loaded or not. ring your importer/supplier/freight forwarder. Basically whoever was putting it on the ship for you. Make sure you get them to surrender the BL and email it to you straight away.

Hush you! :uzi: You aren't even bringing in a Skyline, so get off our forum. At least my car is in Australia :P  

More likely there will be some wharfie driving around in a Bombadore with grey 18" TE37s with wrong offset :P

LW

i bought a set of of 18" te 37 `s off a warfie at hamilton pub...pub is very close to docks

i thought $800 for the set was a bit cheap :flamed:

Hey I have 'just' bought a skyline r32 through Geoff; funds have just been received in Japan today.

And boy it looks like I could be up for some disappointment with shipping. But one thing I have notice nothing has been mention about my port of loading of my car...

My car is "Shipped Per- Mitsui OSK” and is getting loaded on at Kanda, Japan.

My destination port is Fremantle.

Has anyone had any experience with cars getting loaded in at Kanda and what to expect in delays?

Andrew

Well best thing to do is to put the car on container if you want it to arrive in aust pronto.. RORO boats are fully booked out for the next three months at least, leaving yokohama port. My skyline is coming thru container, its about 250 extra, but worth it considering its already leaving the port =)

Who did you go through, was it Geoff? And what was THE actual shipping fee in yen on your invoice?

250$ more I can afford that, that’s what you would be paying for insurance! Just about.

Would have been ace if we could have shared given the fact we are both in WA.

As much information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

=)

ta

Well best thing to do is to put the car on container if you want it to arrive in aust pronto.. RORO boats are fully booked out for the next three months at least, leaving yokohama port. My skyline is coming thru container, its about 250 extra, but worth it considering its already leaving the port =)