SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

Well I bought a car through Geoff at prestige motorsport in Perth getting shipped to fremantle in November and I'm still waiting for shipping. RORO ships are booked out for at least the next 3 months so i'm hoping my car will be on the next ship.

Hopefully.......

Damn its taking so long... Makes you feel like you've been stooged and that they've taken your money and ran off with it.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I have 'just' bought a skyline r32 through Geoff; funds have just been received in Japan today.  

And boy it looks like I could be up for some disappointment with shipping. But one thing I have notice nothing has been mention about my port of loading of my car...  

My car is "Shipped Per- Mitsui OSK” and is getting loaded on at Kanda, Japan.  

My destination port is Fremantle.  

Has anyone had any experience with cars getting loaded in at Kanda and what to expect in delays?

Andrew

Who bought the car for you in Japan.

Who bought the car for you in Japan.

I bought the car myself through the aid of Geoff at Prestige Motorsport

The supplier who the car was bought through was Mark Hocking in Japan.

Have you had any experience?

I bought the car myself through the aid of Geoff at Prestige Motorsport

The supplier who the car was bought through was Mark Hocking in Japan.  

Have you had any experience?

Over the Christmas period only Yokohama was serviced so their is a back log everywere else.

Through Mark you wont have a problem as he will be working his but off to get your car on a boat, it is back to normal so they should catch up soon.

My rx7 landed in melb on the 25th Jan '05 (not thru kiwicars cause it was on Kanda port where kiwi dont go)

Had import approval in october, so not as long as some people. My bro's r32 4 door had import approval in october too and his arrived next month.

The shit of it is, the air cond wasn't degassed in japan and customs wont clear the car now. The bigger shit is i was told the aircond would be degassed in japan. The biggest shit is j-spec knew it wasn't degassed, and could have told me to write the letter any time before the car arrived so i could have had DEH (deparment of enviroment and heratige) approval before it arrived so it could have zoomed straight thru customs...

What a bitch, my car is so close and the longer it's on the wharf the more shit will go missing :P

The shit of it is, the air cond wasn't degassed in japan and customs wont clear the car now. The bigger shit is i was told the aircond would be degassed in japan. The biggest shit is j-spec knew it wasn't degassed, and could have told me to write the letter any time before the car arrived so i could have had DEH (deparment of enviroment and heratige) approval before it arrived so it could have zoomed straight thru customs...

What a bitch, my car is so close and the longer it's on the wharf the more shit will go missing :rant:

You've probably sorted this out already, but for those who read this thread, you don't actually apply for the DEH exemption until the car has arrived in country. Your application is made through Customs. You'll need your letter and either a copied passport or JP'd driver's licence copy. It doesn't cost you anything either.

More info on DEH and aircon here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=57519

Mark

Hi Guys

Yahoooooooo :wassup:

I just got told my car is due into Freo on the 15th of this month.

I bought the R32 back in October so its been so long. I forgotton I had

one on order.

Any one after Soarer UZZ32 Active. I ve now got one for sale. :headspin:

:):):):):):):):):):):)