SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

Hi Guys

Yahoooooooo  :wassup:  

I just got told my car is due into Freo on the 15th of this month.

I bought the R32 back in October so its been so long. I forgotton I had

one on order.

Any one after Soarer UZZ32 Active. I ve now got one for sale. :headspin:  

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

I've got a UZZ32 too :)

and yes I am on the lookout for another one. contact me via PM.

Richard

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOT IT!!!!!!!

got there yesterday, gave it a quick wash over, put some 8000 in it and then straight back on a til tray to the workshop for 1 week of TLC

mark

turnd up in better condition and more on it then I was told about :)

Congratulations Mark. I wish I could say I know how you feel. Mine left Brisbane on friday too, but I'm told is not at the depot in Sydney yet. really getting p1ssed off now. BTW where are you getting yours complied?

Richard

GOT IT!!!!!!!

got there yesterday, gave it a quick wash over, put some 8000 in it and then straight back on a til tray to the workshop for 1 week of TLC

mark

turnd up in better condition and more on it then I was told about :)

Well done son. Better post up some details for us shortly :)

Richard: sorry to hear yours still hasn't arrived. Fingers crossed it will be later today or tomorrow.

LW.

OK. so far I can only tell you what I have seen and felt from moving it on to and off the tilt tray

Mines Dash

SHort shifter kit of some sort

momo wheel

NISMO know

some adjustable coilovers

Volk Wheels in awesome condition

all log books from original dealership in dash ! wiht a business card of the dealer wiht a cheezy smile :D

mark

Mine should be here tomorrow or thursday i'm so happy!!!!

Hopefully with no nasty surprises though (i.e. stuff stolen while it was on the wharf)

Does anybody know what your options are if stuff has been taken? Other than just bearing it?

You've probably sorted this out already, but for those who read this thread, you don't actually apply for the DEH exemption until the car has arrived in country. Your application is made through Customs. You'll need your letter and either a copied passport or JP'd driver's licence copy. It doesn't cost you anything either.  

More info on DEH and aircon here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=57519

Mark

Actually it cost me $18 in a storage fee... but when you have to pay $2,600 for shipping what's $18?

Sorted very easily.

Actually it cost me $18 in a storage fee... but when you have to pay $2,600 for shipping what's $18?

Sorted very easily.

Just so other people don't get confused, the $18 storage fee is charged by the shipping company as your car was not cleared (for obvious reasons). No fee is charged by the DEH.

Richard: Any word on your car?

LW.

Richard: Any word on your car?

LW.

nothing other than that it is still 'in transit' from Brisbane to Sydney. Needless to say on this issue my expectation of service has not been met.

oh well.

Richard

Needless to say on this issue my expectation of service has not been met.

:(

Call of the day. :) Have any of your expectations of service been met during the import process? I know mine weren't. In fact I am not sure the word "service" has much relevance.

Arrr well, got my fingers crossed mate. Do let us all know how things progress.

LW.

:(  

Call of the day. :)  Have any of your expectations of service been met during the import process? I know mine weren't.  In fact I am not sure the word "service" has much relevance.

Arrr well, got my fingers crossed mate.  Do let us all know how things progress.

LW.

haha. yeah, that was the nicest possible way I could put it.

To be honest up 'till this point my expectations were met or exceeded. The only f**kups to date were:

1. delay of ship due to bad weather and problems at NZ ports

2. f**k around with trucking car from Brisbane to Sydney

other than that everything has gone smoothly.

Hopefully the car will arrive this week. we'll see.......

You sound like you got away pretty lucky. I don't want to start off counting the number of f*ck-ups and times i've been pissed off, and my car is still on its way here :s

I did find out my car is on the Hual Tramper ETA Feb 24th so at least that's some good news.

Well importing was a pain in the ass but i have found some goodies that werent on the advert..

namely impul ecu, non stock injectors (theyre purple top?), z32 afm's, oil cooler, greddy exhaust temp guage..

The turbos were replaced with stock items in japan by the supplier (name mentioned in this thread earlier) as 'they were not working properly'

I really doubt the turbos were stock but i cant prove it so i wont say any more on the matter..

So guys, just hang in there and hope for some goodies :P

http://members.iinet.net.au/~alemc/mycars/...tr/P2011156.JPG

My car is arriving today :(

It is being delivered straight to my complience shop.

Had some major stuff ups with trying to pick the thing up from brisbane. The transport company tried to pick the car up on 3 different days, but the dick at the gate of the wharf kept saying that the car was not released, even though i had the papers, my customs agent, the shipping company and i even rang the wharf directly who all said it was released. everyone seemed to know this except the guy at the front gate. Eventually i had i guy from patricks call the fellow at the front gate and told him to release the car. The transport company was really good about it, they didn't charge me for the waiting time on the 3 occasions they had to visit and and patricks waived the storage fees cause it was their f#*k up.

The transport company said everthing looks in good condition, no damage/theft except for the GTR badge at the back which someone has tried to steel and broken it!

does anyone know were I can find out when the "Hual Trekker" ship gets to australia and where I dont like the sound off "Hual Tramper ETA Feb 24th" in neil_se mesg

i have 4 units on this ship due to arrive brisbane on the 22/2....

ETA means just that..estimated...as long as it does not go to NZ first .. it shouldn`t be a problem