SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

this waiting is killling me...

everything is done on the car, but now i'm just waiting on the plate from the engineer. it sucks when such little things are holding it up. i've been waiting so long i'm itching to get it on the road.

Not as long as some. :P

I am going back to the workshop this week to get my engine started on Friday, hopefully, for the first time.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure will :P I was going to take two!! :uh-huh:

just organised my alarm install. my greenslip is bought. comp insurance is sorted. so now it's just RTA and i'm done :)

fingers crossed for me boys.

FINALLY!

18pages after I started this thread I have it!

Bad news tho. The worst being that the 4WD light comes on and there is a problem with it.

Secondly the car has been raped at the wharf. The GT badges on the side are missing and there is paint damage, the clips for the fibreglass bootlid have been taken and even the metal valve caps are gone!

Not good but its a nice feeling have a GTR race car sitting in my garage :)

My car is in Sydney, broker is getting it steam cleaned today, should be at his shop tommorow avo, and I am *hoping* to get it this weekend, but I'd say realistically I'll have it mid next week!

W00T.

Just for people's reference.

Purchased from auction in japan on 22/12/04

On boat (Kiwi) on/around 02/02/05

In Brisbane on/around 13/02/05

In Sydney 16/02/05

Will be at complience (same place as import broker) tommorow - 17/02/05

Should have it in my hands 26/02/05 at the latest.

So it took me about 2 months from purchase to 'on the road'

WOO HOO!

Do you have a signed copy of your purchase receipt?  Some people are having trouble with the RTA being arses.... :)  Make sure you also take your import approval.

LW.

that was aimed at me right? I had that problem

If the RTA's job was being an unhelpful bunch of asses that takes shiteloads of money from you, then they would be perfect :(

mark

good luck!

well I picked up the car today without any drama. didn't need a signed invoice. so I guess I got lucky there.

Car is awesome. plenty of bits that have been clarified now that make me very happy.

Main thing is that the car has an aftermarket gearset in the box which is awesome. tricky to drive with (no synchros on 1st, 2nd or 3rd) but now that I'm getting used to it it's amazing. car has a kakimoto ecu too. but it doesn't really matter as I already have a PFC anyway.

Anyway, I'm very happy and very tired. pics tomorrow.

Roughly how long was it from your cars came off the ship to when you guys actually got your cars?

also (random question).. but can the engineers certificate been signed by any engineer? my mates dad is a mechanical engineer (does boat engineers or some such work) and I could get him to maybe write me up a mechanical signoff?

could it just need fluid? or a stuffed up fuse in the engine bay or something

well fluid appears to be within the right limits and the fuse seems ok as well. I'll drop the car next week to a workshop that is familiar with ATTESSA to get them to sort it out. Its a high priority as you can imagine :cheers:

Roughly how long was it from your cars came off the ship to when you guys actually got your cars?

also (random question).. but can the engineers certificate been signed by any engineer? my mates dad is a mechanical engineer (does boat engineers or some such work) and I could get him to maybe write me up a mechanical signoff?

mine landed in brisbane on 20th of Jan (from memory) so it took just over 3 weeks to get it cleared, delivered to sydney, complied, registered.

No you can't get just any engineer to do the sign off. In NSW they must be an RTA approved signatory. I believe it's the same deal in other states too.