SAU Community

Waiting For A Car? - The State Of Importing Cars From Japan ATM

It is big dollars for the workshop rebuilding GTR's and 300Z's, as long as you have the money they will tell you what you want to hear,

They are car sales men now nothing else, and you are suss about one that is standing next to the car he is selling here in Aus but you trust one from another country.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

This thread is meant to be about shipping times/delays, not a discussion of the merits of buying from auctions, dealers, exporters, emus or koalas (of which there are plenty of threads).

Lets try and keep this one on topic so it doesn't end up in a flamewar.. please... pretty please :P

LW.

This is a post-whore thread about "The State of Importing Cars From Japan ATM", for bored people like myself who are itching for their car to arrive. (in my case 6 months)

And I feel any information about boats and specific details about experiences INCLUDING that with suppliers is relevant, in my not-so-humble opinion :P

But I do believe any import flame-bait should be substantiated with facts and experiences during the import process.

This is a post-whore thread about "The State of Importing Cars From Japan ATM", for bored people like myself who are itching for their car to arrive.

In that vein, heres the car I have a bid on ATM.....really hoping I get it as its pretty much exactly what I want.....

If not i'm screwed Geoff from Prestige is on Holidays for the next 7 days!

The buyer in Japan also had to go home early and has left my Bid electronically....

gtr1.jpggtr2.jpg

Heres Hoping! :D

In that vein, heres the car I have a bid on ATM.....really hoping I get it as its pretty much exactly what I want.....

If not i'm screwed Geoff from Prestige is on Holidays for the next 7 days!

The buyer in Japan also had to go home early and has left my Bid electronically....

gtr1.jpggtr2.jpg

Heres Hoping! :D

PM Sent it is up after 10 pm,

Thought those number plates looked familiar. Check out the plates on mine when at auction! Must recycle their plates, not their cars.

Jonn I can't quite make out the whole number plate, but I'm pretty sure that in Japan the numbers refer to the prefecture the car is registered in, and not the actual rego like in Aus. The vehicle rego is the kanji above the numbers. Maybe a Japan nut/visitor could clear it up...

If they are identical, I apologise, the pic didn't come out too clear on my comp.

My friend swears he saw a guy driving my MR2 around hamilton in brisbane the day after it landed at the docks. It was complete with dealer plate, quarantine and shipping writing on the windows. From the description he gave me i am sure it must of been my car.

Is this normal practice for wharfies or custom agents to take the cars for a spin around town?

Please dont buy cars from aussie brokers... you are wasting your money. You can deal directly with english speaking people in japan and buy cars from them saving yourself 1.1k or whatever.

So so so true.

Please dont buy cars from aussie brokers... you are wasting your money. You can deal directly with english speaking people in japan and buy cars from them saving yourself 1.1k or whatever.

I have bought 6 cars for my self over the last 4 years let alone helping other people, I just did a bit of research from other people that had bought cars in and not rush into the first promise somebody makes.

I use two buyers now Mark Hocking from www.mytrading.org and a Japanese buyier in Tokyo that only works with dealers so I cant recommend him but if you read HPI or Speed and you have seen Hard Tuned Imports 3 you will know his work.

I'm not saying you have to use Mark just look into it you save more money then the $1,100 and re2 can vouch for that as he has learnt from the car he just bought in.

Ctl C then Ctl V and send isnt that hard.

Good news Haze :(

You may be able to fix the vent with some 'Model Aircraft glue', as it appears the vent fin is still there.

I did this with a similar problem on one of my cars...Held fine :(

I have bought 6 cars for my self over the last 4 years let alone helping other people,  I just did a bit of research from other people that had bought cars in and not rush into the first promise somebody makes.

I use two buyers now Mark Hocking from www.mytrading.org and a Japanese buyier in Tokyo that only works with dealers so I cant recommend him but if you read HPI or Speed and you have seen Hard Tuned Imports 3 you will know his work.

I'm not saying you have to use Mark just look into it you save more money then the $1,100 and re2 can vouch for that as he has learnt from the car he just bought in.

Ctl C then Ctl V and send isnt that hard.

I used Tony at http://www.motorworldjapan.com/cars/ he is a really good bloke from australia and has access to all the auctions as well as a dealer network of cars in stock. Most cars on aussie broker websites are from his and others stock lists.

From that site click on dealer network then just hit search and it will list all the cars in stock, you will notice many from local sites. It is so easy to save $1k :(

I used Tony at http://www.motorworldjapan.com/cars/ he is a really good bloke from australia and has access to all the auctions as well as a dealer network of cars in stock. Most cars on aussie broker websites are from his and others stock lists.

From that site click on dealer network then just hit search and it will list all the cars in stock, you will notice many from local sites. It is so easy to save $1k :(

I have spoken to Tony and he knows the rules for SEVS and a lot of people who bought a car off him through a Broker are now going direct to him for the next one, I know of workshop's buying test cars off Tony so he cant be that bad.

He knows how important it is and will supply the auction report if available no hassle.