SAU Community

The Next GT-R (November '04 update)

Rezz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skyline^master: I agree that it looks more modern, and I am happy for nissan to lose its 'datsun' look, but I dont think the new GTR looks muscular enough. Take one look at the new Ford GT40.. thats a modern looking muscle car. Giving the GTR more styling finesse is definately going to appeal to more people, but I love the GTRs "Jap Muscle Car" look. I just hope they give it more guts in the styling department..

Its obvious that the new Nissan are trying to make the GTR LOOK like every other "super car" out there, and go up against Porsche. This to me indicates that we will probably be paying closer to porsche money, I predict the new GTR is going to be priced quite a lot closer towards the $200,000 mark.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hrmm interesting one here...The front end COULD grow on me, at least it looks semi interesting but that rear end??? U G L Y ! ! ! ! Like has been said though, at least they are going back to the round tail lights, its a skyline signature! With that rear end though, definatly needs a rear wing just to balance it all out....

Mechanical specs on the car are yummy, is that definatly what the car will come out with????

Rezz - Romour was that Nissan japan didn't want the V6 twin turb's name being soured by the Americans becuase as we all know they are hopeless with difficult tasks like changing oil....

Were not all that bad :) I don't mind changing my own oil at all.

and rezz: the only people who think like that are the rednecks, alot of us prefer japanese cars to the crap they build over here but its the loud ignorant ones that get all of the attention...

I just stumbled upon this thread from another Nissan forum and must say that I hope this ugly design isn't what Nissan has in mind for the new GT-R. It figures that as my luck would have it, when they finally do get around to releasing the GT-R in the US, they give us an ugly possible design.

I really hope that it's only mere rumor that they plan to be a V-8 engine in the US model. Then again, who knows with Nissan in the US. After all, most NIssan models in the US don't even keep the names that the rest in the world know them as.

If I ever do wind up being able to afford a Skyline GT-R, it will definitely be an imported late-90s model.

I really hope thats not the next GT-R, the front end is different but id rather the 2001 Concept if we all remember that, it would go well with them power figures, just my opinion. :P

Also, very good information Rezz thanks for posting.

Were not all that bad :P I don't mind changing my own oil at all.

and rezz: the only people who think like that are the rednecks, alot of us prefer japanese cars to the crap they build over here but its the loud ignorant ones that get all of the attention...

OK that was a bit of a generalisation :mad: