SAU Community

A skyline for Christmas?

ARKAD

Ladies and Gents I have to sell my car. Its gotta go before xmas, so if anyone wants a great skyline check out the link below.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/classifie...=1&cat=2&page=6

im also intersted in what people think it is realistically worth..... I do need to sell it so i am neg on the price. By the same token its not going to go for firesale prices.

Im buying a R34 and have no need for two cars.

Cheers

Arkad

hmmmm, having the same problem dude. Had mine up for sale for a bit now at the same price and its hard to get any interest at all. Too many R33 GTST getting around these days unfortunately. They seem to be worth nothing, I know whoever buys my car is getting a damn strong vehicle for next to nothing, compared to what I paid for it.......

It's because a lot of people keep importing thier own thinking its better because its supposedly cheaper (when it ends up costing more - hidden costs), and they think because they are importing they have this idea its a 'new' car (to australia) etc... but all they are doing its buying a 2nd hand car that they havne't seen and won't see for months..

So there is a flood of skylines in the market atm :P

Also re: the kms...

1993 makes it 10-11 years old...

106,000ks ... how is that alot? 10,000kms per year ... Thats very low km for a 10 year old car, Find an Aussie car that has kms that low for a 93 model...

"but other skylines only have 60,000km on them"

do you really belive its only 60? 99% of skylines are wound back, so km don't mean jack shit with jap imports, the condition of the car/engine/interior, how well it is looked after etc... is what counts... keep that in mind when looking... anyone can spend 200 bucks buy a aftermarket speedo and claim thier 1993 model only has 20,000 kms on it

There should be no reason why you can't get that money for a line as it sounds in very good condition. I agree with Ferni though with the kms though, if you see one with lower kms but not in as good condition, the kms are probably wound back. Its pretty hard to import anything at this stage so the market for skylines/imports should stablize before too long.

I'm hoping for my skyline before Xmas but i doubt it .... stoopid compliance process :P

I just bought a S2 from the importer... paid 24k

Is worth every cent... Have not seen another S2 for that money in perfect condition and it comes with 3 month warranty. My last skyline needed $3000 work 6 days after i bought it... The ECU feed back and killed just about every sensor... So i really wanted a warranty this time...

I really wanted an R34 GTT but the price is very high cause there in high demand atm... Ill wait 3 years then upgrade again...

Agree with the other guys re speedos being wound back. It's incredibly common, and people seem to believe a speedo with low km's over an interior with obviously high km's??

Anyway the car looks very nice, good luck with the sale!

My last skyline needed $3000 work 6 days after i bought it... The ECU feed back and killed just about every sensor... So i really wanted a warranty this time...

I had this same problem. Lucky enough none of my sensors stuffed up but that feed wire was disconnected/chopped. Stopped a lot of sensors working. I too had a warranty, which they didn't adhere too, so I still had to pay the money to fix it.

Having said that, I wouldn't have any other line. I love mine too much now.

yeah a mate imported a immaculate S2 r33 for 18g almost stock ... mind you it took approx 5 months to get here and get complied. Imagine the wait now .... The guys who were doing my car said that if my car hadn't got here when it did it wouldn't get here till next year.

Nice car. Worth about 16-17 :D

I'm having the same problem selling my Pulsar GTIR. its in great condition and cheap as chips ($15k) and I just cant sell the bloody thing. The prepurchase inspections have come back with no problems-the used car market is screwed.

Col-GTSX : how do you know it is in perfect condition? that is top dollar so i would expect it to be, but i'm assuming you've seen it with your own eyes, and taken it personally to have it checked out by someone you trust, or someone you are best friends with and would trust 24k with has done it for you?

Sorry but this is the whole mentatilty that people get sucked into, can't find a perfect one here, but there is one in japan that i've never seen that someone tells me is perfect so it must be, i'll belive them because i really want a perfect one... but when they get it, its never perfect or what they expected.... that and they nearly always get damaged in transit to Australia, so there goes the perfect part as well.

Femi, settle down. Col-GTSX is buying/bought a car that he thinks is pefect, which might or might not be perfect but thats up to him. Wether the car is perfect or not is up to the person's perception, there is no need for you to question his perception as ultimately it is his car.

As to my perception of a perfect car.. they can never be perfect, even new ones as there are always room for improvement. :)

ARKAD: Good luck with your sale, looks really tidy.. :)

thanks everyone for their replies.

While talking about perfect cars mine is certainly not. But any 10 year old car will be less than perfect.

Im motivated to get this car sold so if anyone knows of someone who wants a nice car im willing to negotiate. After all its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and at the moment there is a huge volume of cars around this price point. Which will make it hard to get it away at the asking price but im always willing to talk to a willing bidder :)

Yotis: I wasn't having a go at anyone directly, i was just using him as an example, but he said perfect condition car, not perfect car for him, big difference. How many perfect 8 year old cars have you seen? I've heard plenty of people say they have found a pefect condition car, pay top dollar for it, only to recieve it and its not perfect, theres a bit of paint fade here, or a scratch in the interior plastic there... etc....

IMO thats why the import market is flooded, because people import thinking 1 of 2 things.

1. They can get the car they want cheaper, which usually ends up being not much cheaper if at all, and they've had to wait for it for months.

OR

2. They pay top dollar to get a 'perfect' car, only to find out when they get it, it wasn't as perfect as it seemed. If they spent the same mony buying a car for 4k less in australia thats still in good cond, they could spend the 4k they saved on fixing that scratch on the body, or replacing that leaky turbo.

Yotis: I wasn't having a go at anyone directly, i was just using him as an example, but he said perfect condition car, not perfect car for him, big difference. How many perfect 8 year old cars have you seen? I've heard plenty of people say they have found a pefect condition car, pay top dollar for it, only to recieve it and its not perfect, theres a bit of paint fade here, or a scratch in the interior plastic there... etc....

IMO thats why the import market is flooded, because people import thinking 1 of 2 things.

1. They can get the car they want cheaper, which usually ends up being not much cheaper if at all, and they've had to wait for it for months.

OR

2. They pay top dollar to get a 'perfect' car, only to find out when they get it, it wasn't as perfect as it seemed. If they spent the same mony buying a car for 4k less in australia thats still in good cond, they could spend the 4k they saved on fixing that scratch on the body, or replacing that leaky turbo.

hey ferni there is a easy way to do a private import look at it this way I can get a HR31 04/1988 coupe from japan landed here in australia for $3500 give or take $500 so ur looking at around the $4500 -$5000 mark on the road & tell me u can find one that has been sitting in a guys garage for the last 4 years only being taken out for a drive to keep the car tight, one owner from new I have spoken to the guy that I can buying it off full HIGH res pics of inside/out side with all blemishes in a full pic, u have just got to be smart about how u go about importing, only prob with the 33's at the time is there are just to many around

If you want a perfect car buy a brand new one .. period. No second hand car is perfect IMHO. Hang in their guys, cause if importing slows down (which it looks like it is) and people keep writing imports off left right and centre they be worth heaps in no time ... hehehe :) .. jokes. I hate to say it importing can be cheaper but its a risk as well and a lot of the time you can get cheaper here with a lot less hassel and without the bloody long wait!!! If an importer tells you your car will be here and ready in 5 weeks, multiply that by 3 and you might be closer to the truth.

You'd be surprised how many brand new cars aren't 'perfect' either :) People just tend not to look as hard because the assume it'll be that way. Look at the number of factory recalls (and common problems) over the years.