SAU Community

12's in a r32

GRUNTN

can you guys tell me how and what i need to do a 12 or better in a r32 im currently running 15psi on stock turbo with 3 1/2 exhaust,etc lol pulling 165.2 @rwkw it ran a 14.4@143 rwkw. so im expecting a low 13 next run (stock turbo) so can u guys give me a run down on what turbos and fuel systems -internals,, will get me in the 12's or better,,,,,, surely there r sum r32's in street trim running 12's or better , that can advise the unkown

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

step 1. sell car

step 2. buy r32 gtr

:D

it would probably cost less in the long run and be a more enjoyable steer, and at least you can sell the car for a bit less than what you paid.. a 12 second gts-t is not going to have the same resale value.

I suppose good tyres and compliant suspension is more critical then the power you are running.

I suppose if my car doesnt run a 12 then i should hang my head in shame...thing is Fridays are drinking night, Calder should run the drags on Wednesday:) I think 200rwkws and very good traction may get you nudging into the 12s.

I suppose a std GTR would do a 12 straight off the boat, but where is the fun in that.:D

turn the boost down to about 12 or 13psi cos its probably just retarding the iginition and timing from the stock ecu being protective (well the 33 does this). tyres and suspension play a major part in it, whats your traction like? some cams will help the midrange power, also ecu like apexi power fc. front mount intercooler will also help. is it a full exhaust including cat, dump pipe, front pipe or just 3" to cat. definetly look at a hiflow turbo or even an r33/r34 turbo and bolt it on. i got 13.8 with 141rwkw in my r33 only have a pod filter, stock everything else @ 7psi as a comparison so you have the same rear power and probably less wieght but your acccel but be a bit less etc ?

just a Q

what is the deal with people saying ....

oh just put this in there, and sell it and buy this

do you people really understand what this man has asked

HOW DO I RUN 12s IN MY R32?

not R33, GTR , or anything else

do you really think it is worth replacing a rb20 with a rb25? think for and..

1... the price of the rb25, ECU and loom

2... the price of someone to do the conversion

i my opinion the money spent on the converion with a gain of what bout approx 15 kw

when for the same money u can high flow the turbo or change for bigger turbo, manifold, front mount and computer and a tune for prob the same price

at the end of the day its not worth it just stick with what u got and reap the rewards of of a beautiful, strong and reliable engine

and milk it for every last kw it has

but like i said its my opinion and i love the rb20 its the original, the 1 that started it all and i love the underdog.

:grouphug:

just a Q  

what is the deal with people saying ....

oh just put this in there, and sell it and buy this

do you people really understand what this man has asked

HOW DO I RUN 12s IN MY R32?

not R33, GTR , or anything else

do you really think it is worth replacing a rb20 with a rb25? think for and..

1... the price of the rb25, ECU and loom

2... the price of someone to do the conversion

i my opinion the money spent on the converion with a gain of what bout  approx 15 kw

when for the same money u can high flow the turbo or change for bigger turbo, manifold, front mount and computer and a tune for prob the same price

at the end of the day its not worth it just stick with what u got and reap the rewards of of a beautiful, strong and reliable engine

and milk it for every last kw it has

but like i said its my opinion and i love the rb20 its the original, the 1 that started it all and i love the underdog.  

:grouphug:

Rapturous applause:) :spank:

It may not make as much power easily, but they are stronger, can be re-mapped, cheaper to replace and will get an R32 into the 12s:thumbsup:

I would have to agree.

I've spent 6k on a motor that can't even run boost yet as I don't have a darn ECU!#$@!

I could have an R32 running low 12's for that money, nice tyres will see it there.

Toyo RA1's or RE55s

But that being said I took Darrens Rb30DET R32 for a bit of a spin today with its 2way mechanical, powerfc and 10psi. The ol' Rb30DET really is going to be a monster. Hell on 10psi it already is.

Exiting corners at low speed and rev's in second catch you off guard when you find your self at opposite lock if your not very carefull. :spank:

Its spun out when you change at 4000rpm and feel like your accelerating damn fast.

When your back over here Roy you really need to come for a spin. ;)

I will have the powerFC by then. :)

Rapturous applause:) :wave:  

It may not make as much power easily, but they are stronger, can be re-mapped, cheaper to replace and will get an R32 into the 12s:thumbsup:

thats right i have a friend thats runninga massive truck turbo (specs unknown) front mount exhaust and a few other mods running 23 pound on standard engine it lasted 8 months of constant rape the only reason it blew was he had a new rebuilt engine at home and carved the motor up at a look out for bout an hour went through 4 tyres and then there was nothin she just let go

these motors where made to be raped and i bet they would sort most of the non believers out there

but of course it needs to be seen to be believed

:cheers:

The immense torque of a boosted RB30 would be bloody awesome.... :cheers:

Anyways keeping to the orignial post, you might be able to get into the 12s with a stock turbo IF you get a real good launch (60fts <2 sec, preferably lower).

But for guaranteed 12s, get a bigger turbo like a HKS 2530/2535, ECU remapped, injectors and bingo...

driver always plays a part in the time you get too. getting all this power to the ground is another thing, its all good having 200+rwkw there to use but no fun (relativly) if all you do is sit there spinning the wheels...you try it with all the suggested mods here and a skyline weighing around 1150kg out of the showroom... :rant:

My mods were . Hi flow turbo running 17psi . Hybrid front mount .. Full exhaust. stock computer with afm cut and speed cut taken out . 12.7 @ 114mph on street tyres.

I appologise for the ignorance but what is the AFM cut. Do you mean the swap to Z32 or infinity or is there another way to get rid of it.

Sorry for the off topic question also.

So I'll add this.

Hybrid Hyflow (which I blew last night - 2 years old running 18 psi) $1500 fitted

PWR intercooler (biggest you can possibly fit) $1500 fitted

Bosch 945 550 HP fuel pump $270

Malpassi Rising rate reg $165

Full exhaust including wastegate bypass $250

Everything else WAS stock at the time

12.3 @ 119 mph

+ what's so good about bloody RB25's and 26's anyway. The 20 is stronger than both in my opinion. Plus parts are cheaper and they rev better.

and if you're gonna go to all the trouble of putting a different engine in, gimme $10,000 and I'll build ya a V8 that'll pull 10's.

My advice...stick with the 20 and throw about $4000 into it..

also, invest in an oil cooler, this will turn your neck snapping 12 second 32 GTST into a "hey, I've had my 32 for 5 years now and it's still a neck snapping 12 second GTST".....(add words like 'hot', 'tough', 'killer' or awesome or all of the above into the previous statement)