SAU Community

R34 GT-T or RX-7?

yeah, i was about to say INASNT that if we were to go to the track for a day, we would know what car we would take if given the choice of a RX-7 or a GT-T/GTS-T...aren't the 20B's like a huge step above the 13B's??

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SS8_Gohan

yeah, i was about to say INASNT that if we were to go to the track for a day, we would know what car we would take if given the choice of a RX-7 or a GT-T/GTS-T...aren't the 20B's like a huge step above the 13B's??

20b is triple rotor 13b twin rotor!

1 of my lecturers at uni has a series 4 rx7 with 20b twin turbo that runs on avgas and is a track animal! but he has spent ablout 100g on the thing!

Originally posted by EnricoPalazzo

Are u stupid. Firstly all Lambos have Rear mounted engines.

Secondly almost all Ferrari's have Rear mounted engines (F50, F30, 360. The only one that has a FR that comes to mind is the 550 Maranello

Thirdly Porsches are shit comapared to Ferraris and Lamborgines. Only the GT3 comes close.

:P :P :D

No, I'm not stupid. Ferrari's and Lambo's are mid mounted. Motor is mounted in front of the rear wheels. :D Rear mounted is motor mounted behind the wheels.

No need to get hyped up mate. I'm not saying Ferrari and Lambo's are crap. Put emotions aside and think....

If Porsche cars handle well, why don't Ferrari or Lambo do the same thing? Engineering costs. 911 didn't come overnight. It was a few decade thing. Same thing with Porsche, why didn't they make one mid mounted. Engineering costs.

Just for some unbiased info, I've a number of the Japanese Vids Best Motoring and they've run the GT-T against the RX7 and the as much as I love the GT-T, it didn't stand a chance, started at the front of the grid and after 5 laps was at the rear. It was against some serious cars though, RX7, NSX, Lancer GSR, WRX STi.

They also ran the RX7 against the GTRs R33 and R34 and in that particular race, they were all very even. All cars were dead stock.

TT RX7 is GTR pace, well the Jap S spec anyway.

yeah, GT-T not really in the RX-7 class....i had no idea how good they actually are until i started doing some research into them, pretty impressive, 1200kg and 206kw, brakes same as R32 GTR (but brakes better cos of weight), just an awesome car...but i think for a daily driver, just a bit too much i think...plus i'd be 20!! I think it's asking for a bit too much trouble.

i just happened to see a red one tonight, driving to a friends house.....i'll say it again PURE SEX!!!! It was low as anything, slight bigger rear wing than the standard one, it was dark but the wheels looked pretty shiny...i was on a 60 road, but it had pulled over on the side, so i slowed to 30 and cruised passed to get a look, nearly hit a parked car!!! :P But it was worth it....looks damn fine.

No doubt that rotars can produce great results, one of my mates has a Series 3 RX-7 with a 13b that runs low 11's, cost him like $12,000 or something ridiculous, but when you turn around and find out he's spent $80 in fuel, one night cruising, it makes you think.

Have you ever seen a rotary drag meeting though ? Like the Jamboree ? The amount of stoppage time due to oil on the track is a bitch, oh yeah, my mates also selling his car cause he's sick of all the money and time it keeps to maintain it.

Although on the plus side, the Series 6 is definately a dead sexy car, great performance package, but as far as any sense of practicality goes, i don't know.

i think u've got it there Birty, practicality wise, not the better choice if the other option is a R34 GT-T, perhaps maybe for the car after the GT-T. But by then, i'd prob be tempted with a GTR....oh and the RX-8 be out then too.....decisions, decisions :P

The whole reason i started this thread was to get an idea of what i should do when next November comes and i've got money to burn....and thanks to everyone for replying, u've made the job a hell of a lot easier, and i hope to be joining the Skyline ranks next November, R34 GT-T with a full R34 GTR body kit on the car too, it'll look identical (except the guard flares) and NO badges, if it ain't a GTR, doesn't deserve a badge...well that's what i think. But i've been informed that it can be done, so hopefully it'll look the goods

once again, thank you everyone for ur opinions...

i'll leave u with a little (well it's rather big) pic i found....pretty much a picture of my dreams at night.....enjoy! :P:D

Get both! Get an r33 for a daily driver (say $20k) and import an RX7 'for race use only' like this one...92 model $16.5k

Have a nice Skyline AND a cool track car :P

Adds up to the same price as an R34

:D :D :D

hehe just an idea :P

Originally posted by RONIN

the 33 and the 34 are worlds apart though

Whys that?

Originally posted doxximus

BOSE is the best! dunno bout the car systems but home systems rule! so small yet so loud!z

:lol: lol. Wait, you were joking, right? I wouldn't wish bose on my worst enemy.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bose%20suck

Originally posted by SS8_Gohan

wasn't the Bose sound system standard in the RX-7??? or am i missing a joke here..... :confused:

yes it was, but u wouldnt buy the car just because it had a bose system standard!