SAU Community

R32 Respray Color Decision

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hey boys and girls

I am currently adding all the exterior styling bits and pieces onto the car and will shortly do a respray once all is done. Few things still have to be done like bonnet, grill, extended and modified guards, flip up doors and maybe new deep dish rims but that will not affect the color decision anyways. Can you guys give me some opinions on wat colors will look good as I am trying to collect as many thoughts. I made a comparison image in photoshop so feel free to check it out and tell me wat u think... =)

thanks guys

color_sets.jpg

hey 2 GU UP i just checked out your images. Is the dash painted or is it leather retrimmed? How hard is it to take the dash off and if leather re-trimmed did you do it yourself or someone pro?

Thanks for opinions guys. I think I will go for something yellowish/gold like 5, 6 or 16. Just bought some yellow/black leather sports seats so thats the way to go.

As for rims can it handle 19s or 20s without busting and ripping the guards from inside? I got TEIN suspension lowered I think 2 inches but is adjustable. How much could I get trade-in for my current 17s do you guys think?

hey 2 GU UP i just checked out your images. Is the dash painted or is it leather retrimmed? How hard is it to take the dash off and if leather re-trimmed did you do it yourself or someone pro?

Thanks for opinions guys. I think I will go for something yellowish/gold like 5, 6 or 16. Just bought some yellow/black leather sports seats so thats the way to go.

As for rims can it handle 19s or 20s without busting and ripping the guards from inside? I got TEIN suspension lowered I think 2 inches but is adjustable. How much could I get trade-in for my current 17s do you guys think?

pulled the entire interior out myself as well as everything else in preperation for the respray.

the dash and everything else is retrimmed in leather

Master Autotrim did the work on the car

In mine and most people who know about interiors opinions Louie is the best in the business. you get wat you pay for.

ive got 20s for my car but i have GTR front and rear guards with the inner front guards removed

19s shouldnt be a problem though

how much is it to retrim the whole interior (exclusing seats) on r32?

how did u manage to put GTR rear guards on a GTS? was it welded on?

price on a retrim depends on many things...leather or vinyl

, basic standard trim or custom one off work, quality of the materials.

my trim is worth about 8-10K including seats that includes alot of custom work and a mix of leather and suede

so i guess for everything excluding the seats probably 4-6K

as for the GTR rear quaters the old ones were cut off and the new ones welded on. the job is almost perfect looks factory for thoes who dont know the car and wat it is/was.

i think no.4 looks the best. plus you would never see another skyline around with the same colour. yeah you must change the wheels. but even more importantly change the front bar. get something less in your face and that compliments the flows of the 32. then the car will look really tough. oh and dont bother getting 19s. 18s still look big on 32s plus they are not so stupidly priced.

yeah, go camouflage styles, paint it in 4, get black semi transparent vinyls (rice, rice baby) and COMNDO numberplates... will look nuts. Optionally make th passenger side dor downward folding and put a sliding gun turret in where the passenger seat is.