SAU Community

Super Avc Type-r

uk_skyman

'Gear specific boost control'

Has anyone got one and knows how to set this gear specific boost control? the instructions may as well be in japaneese... :aroused:

I'm assuming that this 'gear specific boost control' means thats in each gear the boost can be set to a diferant value, thus avoiding wheel spin and excessive boost in say first gear? or have i got the wrong end of the stick?? :(

I've set my max boost settings and got a nice stable 1.2 bar, but now i want to see if i can get more control, for example the rev's section, and gear section..

Would love some real basic help if any one can.....

Thankyou Dean

yeah you are pretty much correct, it has a gear judge mechanism if i understand it correctly and say at a max speed of 55km/h youll be in second so you can set the boost for the gear judged "second gear". it doesnt read the ecu for what gear you are simply judges it based off speed and rpm

well probably not much of a launch control as launch control is generally associated with going from a standing start to a quick speed instantly i guess, whereas yours is a more gradual build up, a launch control is more like a stall converter or somethign i guess

but yeah setting lower boost with the gear judge method should give you better control in first gear, is your series 2 equipped with factory alsd ?

I've found some information on a number of site on the web and thought they may be helpfull to others as they were to me......

TUNING:

Basic tuning will take a few hours, but fine tuning all the parameter will take a while. The tuning instructions in the manual leave a lot to be desired... the translation is fairly poor. Read and re-read this section, about the third time you read it, it does start making sense. And if it seems that a word is missing in a sentence... it IS! I guess the translator didnt know the English word. So I attempt to explain what each of the parameters does along with how to set it.

Also, the boost is displayed in Kg/cm^2... the conversion to PSI is 14.22:1 NOT 14.5 or 14.7 or anything else.

STEP 1) System parameter setup - All in 'Etc.' menu

Car Select:

Cyl=6

Spd=2

Thr=Arrow pointing up

Sensor Sel:

Relative1 (leave as default)

Gear judge:

This is how the unit knows what gear you are in. mine at the moment is set as follows:

1st=125

2nd=070

3rd=049

4th=035

5th=025

Read directions to check.

Grph Scale:

These are units for the graphing view modes only.

Bs=2.0kg/cm^2

Ne=7000rpm

Sp=180km/h (good to 112mph)

STEP 2) Mode [A] setup

Boost/Duty

Values which control boost

Set boost at 1.10 (can be anything, but 9psi seems like a safe start)

Set duty cycle at 20%

Scramble:

I did not use this feature

Ne-Point

These are the RPM points at which boost/duty cycle can be individually set - RPM's less than the lowest point use the settings for the lowest point, same for higher than highest point.(It works...) I use: 3000,3500,4000,4500,5000,5500,6000,6500

F/B speed

This is the 'boost control sampling frequency' - i.e. how often the controller checks the boost and corrects it. The basic idea is, if boost consistently overshoots, increase number; if boost oscillates, decrease number.

Learn-gear

This turns 'self-learn' mode on/off, per gear. With this turned on, I found that the unit kept dialing my transition spike back IN (eliminating spike is later). I turned learn-mode OFF in all gear, this is 'X' for all gears. But learn mode may work better in your car... experiment with it.

Start-Duty

This controls initial spiking - i.e. quick no-throttle to full-throttle at 3K. This feature reduces the max boost a little, when going from negative pressure to boost... so it has the desired affect of reducing the initial spike, but not impacting sustained boost. Controlling initial spike is covered later, for now if can be set to 0% for all gears.

It helped me to undersatnd a few things ;) Dean

The AVCR actually tells you the gear judge values. Find a quiet street where if you take your eyes off the road for 5 secs you aitn going to hit anything oOR get a passenger:)

Cruis along at 15km.h in 1st gear and th eAVCR will display a value which is basically the relationship between revs and road speed....chaanges for every gear. So just cruise up to say 5,000rpm in every gear and set the gear judge values.