SAU Community

what can i RB25DET?

DRFT33

Go somthing really retro man ! Like a 1967 HR Holden. They only weigh about a 1000kgs, got heaps of space under the bonnet, plenty of wheel arch space(295s with eez). Nobody looks twice at one at the lights but when you nail it with the RB25 your gone !

Haha there are some crazy people on this forum i tell ya!! would be sooo fun to put it in something like a datto 1600 put probably too much modifications....

240Z looks good for the RB i reckon...

how about a PRB? rip-off from a lotus 7. weighs a measly 400-odd. stuff a rb25 in, goes like the clappers. ive been in a prb with the 110kw corolla engine, 0-100km in 3.9 and covering the 1/4 in sub 14. very quic, but it would be a real hassle to fit in a 6 with a turbo, plus you scarafice a few comforts like air con, abs, a bone jarring ride. but hey, when it comes to brawn performance that you want, those things dont matter :)

Yeah that'd be fun, they already do twin Hayabusa motors into something similar - it's called the Tiger Z100WR. It's 4WD too, and does 0-100 in under 3 sec, and all the hot-up bits for Busas will bolt on... including the turbo kits :)

I still reckon for 3 series beemer if you want something reasonably modern that'll handle nicely and allow you to retain aircon etc. It's been done plenty of times, and the results are, from what I hear, not too shabby.

It's been done a number of times. A mate was looking at doing this to his E36 320i, but he sold it instead.

There doesn't seem to be much info on the net, but from what I understand the motor itself pretty much just drops in there. Obviously you need to fabricate engine mounts and may have problems with sump vs crossmember, but it will fit. I believe you have to go for thermos as there's not quite enough space for the stock engine fan, and may have to get a bit creative with your intercooler piping. Wire up an ECU to run the motor, and let the factory BMW computer in the car run anything that the engine computer can't (dash, climate control, whatever, just guessing here). I'm lead to believe it's a reasonably simple swap.

German Car Club of Victoria - flick through that thread for some discussion on your options. Check out the photo a couple of posts down! :drooling: