SAU Community

Show of hands: PowerFC or Wolf3D

ix9

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very different setup now Ken.

I wont start on Autonics faults but they sure have their share.

Did i mention Wolf has WA fastest 2 SR20s? and RB26.

Did I mention that the highest street hp ( Leewah) GTR in Oz runs Autronics and the highest Hp at Summernats did too...

If the wolf has a very different setup now then why isn't it mentioned on the website or info made avaliable to tuners. Once again I ask why the info is kept so *inhouse* when by sharing it around, it will benefit the product and the yourself as the WA agent.

Cheers

Ken

gtrken isnt the first time i have heard that the wolf rot idle is "fake"....

i have only HEARD i dont know so dont take this as fact.

so ken, what your saying is wolf only lowers and ups the revs to simulate rotational idle...it doesnt actually drop a cylinder??

people argue that it still cools the engine...but its hardly the point...

sounds good, but what about the people that actually need to cool their engine faster....

When you are sick of Rotational idle its nice to have real Idle control with valve openings for cranking and post start idle up and anti stall on decel. fast idle cold etc and only the PFC an Wolf do this, autronic is a very basic voltage based system so most shops only set idle with a srew driver.

Guess what we do cut injectors on rotational idle.

If Kym hates his Wolf we can plug the Nissan ECU in and send him to get something else.

Most shops have in house only secrets.

question for both ken and steve;

with both pfc and wolf can u buy addons for example antilag and have it hook up with the ecu and have both run right?

(by addons i mean, something not made by wolf or apexi, just a standalone type controller for antilag etc?)

cheers mike

No huge plans really - about 350rwhp is all :) Wolf is decided as Steve said :)

Pro's i've seen for Wolf that benefit me:

* No need to buy bigger injectors due to wolf's injection method

* No need for new MAFs cos wolf can use MAP

* Rotational Idle (wank factor)

* Antilag capability

* Laptop Tuneable

* Renowned good results

* Use Wolf Boost Control - Sell EBC

PowerFC Benefits for me:

* Wider range of Tuners

* Renowned good results also

* Cheaper price

* Easier Plug'n'Pray operation

Both have great features really, and it was a hard decision. I don't care for "This ECU is being used in the fastest SR/CA/RB in australia" Because mine is strictly road use :D

As Gav said - He chose the wolf due to the good results previously seen with it, and no doubt I will see good results too :)

Now comes the hard part - What turbo choice for good response with about 350rwhp?

I know a few people have awesome results with a T04 Hyrbid something-or-rather....

Thanks for the good/bad points guys, thankfully not too much bitching eh? :)