SAU Community

Disc Rotors

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by kabab

Just a quick question;

What do you have for the R32 gtst type M range (4 pot front calipers same as 300zx TT)

Are the slotted rotors available ?

The R32 GTSt takes the same rotor as the 300zx as well, which is available in slotted. DBA 909

For those interested in such things, I put in a set of Ferodo DS 2500 pads front and rear before the track day yesterday. WOW they are good! No fade on any of the laps I did.

I also had the discs machined before putting the new pads in. What a difference this made! Even with the old pads the brakes felt much much better. Well worth it and highly recommended.

Give Reece a call at Any Disc and Brake on 0418 249 166. He only does the North Shore I think, and will do home jobs on the weekend. For $45 you can't afford NOT to do it.

If you don't want to take off your wheels and calipers yourself give PR Technology at Brookvale a call on 9905 6316 and they will quite happily arrange it for you! (shameless plug for mates workshop :P ).

Originally posted by the devil

Steve,

I have an 1989 R32 M-spec.  I believe part numbers front 909 and rear 908. Is this right?  

Is there any difference between the m-spec versions and the non m-spec ones?. I thought the m-spec models had larger calipers :eek:???  

Thanks in advance...

The R33 GTS has 3 different rotors depending on the spec and the R32 GTR has a rotor for the Nissan caliper and a larger one for the Brembo caliper.

The R32 GTS as far as I know only has one disc type which is the DBA 909 fr, DBA 908 rr.

Originally posted by kabab

There is a difference non M spec's have 2pot front brakes M spec's have 4pot.

I would imagine the rotors on the 2 pots would be much smaller.

I am going to scream!..:D

Kabab,

Do you have the M Spec R32 GTS?

If so can you tell me if it uses the Nissan 4 Piston caliper with DB1170 pads?

I think this disc could be the 296mm x 30mm disc as per the R33 GTSt

Thanks

Not seen in too many parts of the world, the Skyline HCR32 GTS-t was a Japan only model, in Type M spec it has a 2L turbo 6 cylinder, producing 220hp as standard. With a few modifications the stock turbo is capable of producing up to 260hp, in Japan the RB20DET has been worked to 450hp by taking the displacement out to 2.4L, bigger turbos and other modifications.

Other Type M features include 4 pot front calipers in the front and 2 pot calipers in the rear, with a curious additional drum brake arrangement for the park brake, Hicas 4 wheel steering system that helps stabilise the rear coming out of the coner, Viscous LSD and a rear wiper. The Type M represents the top of the line of the GTS range.

Sound familiar!

We could make this a game show......"Name that Skyline":D

steve

you had me drooling at those two peice rotors at the track.

what is the part number for r32 gtr standard (non Brembo setup)

so i can get a price

thanks m8

pete

ps im the clown with thr 32 gtr... dont hold it against me

lol

Originally posted by fatz

steve

you had me drooling at those two peice rotors at the track.

what is the part number for r32 gtr standard (non Brembo setup)

so i can get a price  

thanks m8

pete

ps im the clown with thr 32 gtr... dont hold it against me

lol

The R32 GTR with Nissan calipers is DBA 926 ( 296mm x 32mm).

I know who you are! The guy with the fossilised rear rotors.

Originally posted by red900ss

So the 32mm and 30mm are the same part no. Steve (i.e. DBA 926)?

Hmmmm! Confusion.:D

The R32 GTR = 32mm DBA 926

The R33 GTSt = 30mm DBA 9?? (Still Waiting)

Fatz is your car a GTR or GTSt? I thought it was a GTSt but your signature says R32 GTR.

Our guy that does the catalogue entries is banging his head on the floor because of these Skylines.