SAU Community

Anyone Having Problems Importing There Car

loz

I am importing a r32 GTR at the momment throught geoff and finding it hard to get the car to australia is anyone else having this problem, my car has bin bumped of the boat a couple of times know getting a bit frustrated...

i know there is a IMPORT thread but want here from w.a people

who are you importing through and how long have you bin wating...?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one ship to Freo per month as madmurf said.

I imported my gts-t in april this year through geoff, missed the ship by a couple of days so the car ended up coming in early to mid june.

Expect around 3 weeks realistically for the car to get here once it leaves Japan

Z.

I had to help get ten cars on the boat out of Kyushu, we complained and it worked, last month we get a Supra on Tuesday and it was loaded on Saturdays boat.

Pressure is the name of the game, your broker needs to earn his money and doing something which is better than nothing that is how we get it done.

One dealer in Nagoyoa got 20 cars on with 2 weeks notice.

Just keep on them.

yeah got my approval for import about 15th of august and bin trying to get the car over here ever since my head is going to explode....

cant do much else than wait and hope...

yeah got my approval for import about 15th of august and bin trying to get the car over here ever since my head is going to explode....

cant do much else than wait and hope...

Who is the agent in Japan that is doing the booking to get you car on the boat and which city do they work out of.

all i know is that the supplier is MARK SCHUMANN

geoff from prestige is who i went through and it is in Kawasaki, where it is currently being stored securely....

Got a R33 on Thursday and a Supra on Friday and have space alocated already for the boat leaving the 10th, I would be suss if you had been waiting since August.

all i know is that the supplier is MARK SCHUMANN

That's the guy that supplied my car (89 GTR). It went on the boat in mid-September and arrived in Melbourne early October. Can't understand why you are having such problems.

My car has turned out to be a bargain so I've got no complaints.

Hope your luck improves.

These are all shit stories - Whatever happened to the importing through a broker being all very easy? you're all paying them to do thier job, yet having chasing them up!

I'd be holding back part of thier service fee if this sh*t continues if I were you lot!

[I'd be holding back part of thier service fee if this sh*t continues if I were you lot!

I agree, $1100.00 "BuTT Tax" and having to wait up to three months for a vessel,

The shippers and suppliers are alocated XXX berths per Month, if these are over subscribed the remaining vehicles go into a pool, or on "stand-by" with larger exporters being caught short!!!!. A distinct dis-advantage if you are using a BUTT TAX merchant!!!! That part of "We take the hassel out of importing" must be in SMALL print!!