SAU Community

Gone from WRX to GTR?

I went like this;

new'93 WRX sedan (10gearboxes, then sold the sh*tter) , new '98 WRX wagon (kept std, only broke 2 gearboxes and sold the sh*tter), then I woke up, built a 11sec flat 32 GTR that I always wanted, tuned 350 odd rwkw, stepped off the clutch and fried tyres in third, never broke a box, da da da.... Loved it, sold it, cryin!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just comes down to how much they sell for and what people are prepared to pay for one.

For example, my next door neighbour just bought a brand new shiney WRX (MY99) for the handsome sum or $25k. 5 years old.

I will land my 89 GTR for about $23k all up. 15 years old.

So I guess you could say the GTR is roughly three times better than a WRX based on their value alone. We all know that its a lot more than that :D

Keithy George.

Budget to have the suspension bushes, shocks and springs done.

You may end up better off buying a stock example, if thats possible.

Windscreens being 1700 od.. Thats what you get for going Genuine.

Aftermarket Windscreens are available for R32 GTR/GTS-T's for standard windscreen price.

Aftermarket window rubbers are also available for a cheap price ($30 front - $40 rear)

Aftermarket PBR clutch master cylinder is also available - ~$65

Aftermarket PBR slave cylinder (gtst not sure about the r) is available -$30

Radiator hoses, sub $20.

Engine coolant hoses you will have to go genuine. Expect up to around $400 for a complete set. These will need doing.

Replace all fuel line hoses. cheap.

Expect coils to crap them selves. (Import a HP $500 set from Nengun)

I wouldn't worry about the gearbox or diff's.

Providing the car is relatively stock the motor will be fine.

If you do have to rebuild a stock build (you removing and installing) will set you back anywhere from $2000 for just the bottom end or $6000 for a set of forged pistons, rebuilt top end, ported/polished and shotpeened rods, balanced, blueprinted.

Obviously some people charge the earth when the hear the word Nissan Turbo.

You will have to find the right bloke to do the build which some times is very hard.

One thing you can't replace is a banged up shell or one that has had an accident and bogged/welded up. They never quite look the same.

If I were buying an R I would concentrate on getting the shell/interior as clean as possible. The driveline/diff/suspension & motor can all be replaced.

A wonky guard can be I suppose but it is depressing. Especially when you would most probably spend the $$ replacing that motor etc when the power bug bites anyway.

Time to hit the sack. I've been up since 12am for work to feed my rb30det addiction. :)

I used to have 4 WRX in my house (House mate car) From 95 to 2002 (have driven all the car and has trash alll the WRX before) and during that time i own a R34 GTT. However now i have an R33 GTR. I would say GO for GTR. Also i am selling my GTR now too for 35k.. looking for R34GTR. I Will NEVER EVER get a WRX.