SAU Community

S-AFC Tuning Question

Guest INASNT

Guest INASNT

When i got my car serviced, oil, fuel, air filters, oil. plugs regapped to 0.8mm, also got a 2 stage turbosmart boost controller put in.

I have stock, IC, injectors and comp at the moment.

I wanted the boost set at 9 psi low and 14psi high, but i could only put the high setting on 12 psi because it was pinging.

I will be getting a S-AFC soon, so i wanted to know if when i get the S-AFC and get it tuned could i run 14 psi on high boost or whould it still ping coz of the stock IC??

Also whats the setting on their to stop the car stalling coz i got a Blitz Atmo BOV which is a pain in the arse to drive with in heavy traffic.

Also i got 150kw@wheels with 12 psi boost, pod filter and 3inch full exhaust, what can i expect to get with the s-afc tuned?

Do you still have your boost restrictor in ? My understanding is the computer will shut down the spark via the computer once boost goes over 12psi.

Okay...I'm no mechanic, but there seems to be alot of this at the moment. My guess would be the cold weather coming in, as boost tends to rise a little with cold air. And if you right on 12psi it wouldn't take much to exceed the computers restrictor.

A boost controler would usually be placed inbetween the intake and the wastegate actuator...I mean the line which runs to the boost solnoid which gives the boost signal to the computer (?)... I know mine cough and got upset until I removed the line....it seemed to boost heaps better and went to 13 instead of 12 and coughing.

Again...Don't take this as word of law.

dude

is most likely the car, some can take 14 some can't

when u get a new front mount it will be ok.

the safc will probably make the pining worse at 14psi it it will have leaned the petrol down to the correct level once tuned and it want be running rich anymore.

Guest INASNT

It might have been the cooler coz it was a preety hot day when it got dynoed, or even the fuel pump not supplying enough pressure.

Would an adjustable fuel pressure reg installed with the s-afc help at all?

Guest INASNT

i wanna get a bosch 044 pump but they r about $700 new

How much would a good second hand GTR pump be and how many rwkw would it b good 4?