SAU Community

R33, R34 CAI box & radiator panel

Maxx

Im going to buy one from you for my Series 1 Stagea.

I understand another Stagea owner with a Series 1 is currently using your CAI Box for a R34 Skyline, and apparently it fits all ok.

My query is: are the snorkel openings for a R34 and R33 on your CAI box the same?? ie, I have a R33 snorkel but would want to use your R34 CAI box..... is this possible??

Cheers, brendan

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxx

Im going to buy one from you for my Series 1 Stagea.

I understand another Stagea owner with a Series 1 is currently using your CAI Box for a R34 Skyline, and apparently it fits all ok.

My query is: are the snorkel openings for a R34 and R33 on your CAI box the same?? ie, I have a R33 snorkel but would want to use your R34 CAI box..... is this possible??

Cheers, brendan

would also like an answer to the same question, for the er... same reasons. cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey the cai box with the clear lid looks awsome the only thing is will the box fit with the after market cooler piping. the stock snorkel had to be removed to allow the piping to fit so now i got a pod with a different cai. would still be interested in the box if if fit.

post-28112-1156220109.jpg

post-28112-1156220150.jpg

post-28112-1156220190.jpg

post-28112-1156220241.jpg

Also is there a hole in the bottom of the box to allow for my induction pipe, if not i'll cut one, just wondering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fitted mine to my R33 a few days ago, pretty decent looking, but it is not a straight fit to an r33. I had to chop off some bits to get it to sit low enough due to the bottom bit on the left (if standing in front of engine looking in) was hitting the stock cooler piping. not much but hey.

also one of the bolts on the lid was broken off on mine so the plexiglass or whatever it is has become loose at one corner.

It does leave a fairly decent hole under the pod where engine heated air can still get in, I think for max cooling it would need this hole sectioned off too - I might make a quick template and cut one out, looks like i could bolt it to the current screwshafts on the cai. anyone else done this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...