SAU Community

Tie Rod Ends?

treo

Hey was Wondering if anyone had aftermarket tie rod ends on there R33 to get more lock out of your steering. There advertised for s13/ s14/ r32 heaps of places do you know if the r32 ones would suit the same size thread as the the r33, bot the steering racks look fairly similar in appearance?? Thanks guys

Thanks Adzmax i think i might just have to go ahead with a choice if i cant end up finding the info, prob R32. Like i said above both the r32 an r33 steering racks appear fairly similar, im guessing the thread sizes for the ends is the same and with that thought cant see how they would differ. However i hope someone has put these goodies on there car an see this thread, an post up what they know.

Just out of interest what s15 bits work on r34?

glad you think is was the right.....does that mean that when you come pick up the car you will be inspecting the right and not the left????OH GOODY!!!:( btw you have (or had) a dent on the right side

glad you think is was the right.....does that mean that when you come pick up the car you will be inspecting the right and not the left????OH GOODY!!!:D btw you have (or had) a dent on the right side

Haha, ummmm yeah thats what I ment, the left side :P

Where was the dent?

Hey was Wondering if anyone had aftermarket tie rod ends on there R33 to get more lock out of your steering. There advertised for s13/ s14/ r32 heaps of places do you know if the r32 ones would suit the same size thread as the the r33, bot the steering racks look fairly similar in appearance?? Thanks guys

treo, where have you seen aftermarket R32 tie rod ends. I've just started looking into this myself as i've been told i need new front inner tie rod ends and new rear inner and outer tie rod ends. The place that was looking at the car for me said they couldn't find any aftermarket parts and Nissan wanted to charge them a fortune to have some imported from Japan.

I've been looking for other cars that would use the same ends as the R32 but haven't got far yet. I think R32s might be the same as S13s and possibly Z32s. From what i've read R33s are similar to S14s and R34s are similar to S15s.

Sorry i cant give you a more definite answer but if i find anything while looking into the R32 stuff i'll let you know. If anyone knows about what will work in an R32 please let me know.

Also, would this thread be better suited to the suspension or general maintenance section.

cheers,

Tom

cheers tom_g

yeah posted something in steering suspension no one was responded very well. You could try this guy bit cheaper than performance shops ive delt with him a few times an its been good just drop him an email www.Slidewizeimports.com/ or try this guy never delt with him but some people i know who have said his good www.garage-13.com.

cheers tim