SAU Community

HKS ceased production of GT 2530/2535/2540 turbos?

Cake

Is it true that they have stopped producing these with T3 flange? Anyone know if they will be producing replacements, or is the GT-RS and 2530KAI it?

that would be great Lee :(

nengun and greenline have both confirmed it for me now though that they are discontinued. although they are still listed on the hks-jpn site, along with the gt-ss and gt-rs.

i guess SS/RS is the future, they are also priced a fair amount higher than the 2530-2540's were at the moment

Yep, got told the same thing. SHIT.

Right after i'd ordered it from greenline too :(

What else is exactly like it ? I wanted a 2535 dammit!

no need to worry, there will still be stocks of these turbos around the world. Just better get in quick before they run out!

the GT-25 series is not entirely gone...the GT2530 and GT2530Kai are still available.

phew! Cause I would be pissed if I couldn't get my hands on a pair of 2530s when the time comes.

Richard

Ide say its for the best, they'll surely start research or already have into a more advanced turbo range to superceede the 25xx series

Youd think.

I do know that garret make the 2535 turbos still.I just recently got a quote from horsepowwer in a box for it.

Just order hks comp/exh turbines and fit! wallah! is that possible?:D

The hks 2535 had had some kik arse punch in it by the looks of the dyno graphs that hks have on the rb25det..

I would not loose any sleep . Garrett do two CHRA's very similar to the 2530 , one is from the GT28RS (better 60mm compressor) and one called the GTR upgrade CHRA . In fact garrett do a similar if not identical turbo to the 2530 for direct fitment to the RB26 .

The GTRS is only badge engineering on a 2871R (see ATP Turbo.com) both are streets ahead of the HKS GT2540 which was garbage anyway .

Any one with tap into HKS will find they had an exclusive tie with Garrett to produce certain combinations of compressor and turbines . This would have had a sunset clause and competition issues would have stuffed it for HKS . So you'll find all these things being sold round the world by Garrett (who makes them anyway) for less than HKS thievery .

Cheers A .

I would not loose any sleep . Garrett do two CHRA's very similar to the 2530 , one is from the GT28RS (better 60mm compressor) and one called the GTR upgrade CHRA . In fact garrett do a similar if not identical turbo to the 2530 for direct fitment to the RB26 .  

The GTRS is only badge engineering on a 2871R (see ATP Turbo.com) both are streets ahead of the HKS GT2540 which was garbage anyway .  

Any one with tap into HKS will find they had an exclusive tie with Garrett to produce certain combinations of compressor and turbines . This would have had a sunset clause and competition issues would have stuffed it for HKS . So you'll  find all these things being sold round the world by Garrett (who makes them anyway) for less than HKS thievery .

Cheers  A .

The whole Garrett / HKS connection has been done to death, there's a HUGE thread around here somewhere about it, and summation seems to be:

Yes, HKS are Garrett items, but in unique combinations and specs you can't buy from Garret direct.

If you want to discuss it further i suggest revive the aforementioned thread.

OK looking at it now, it is correct but the GT-25 series is not entirely gone...the GT2530 and GT2530Kai are still available. Also you can still buy GT25 0.64 and 0.86 exhaust housing.

Gone

GT2510

GT2535  

GT2540

GT2540R

Can anyone tell me what the difference is bewteen the standard 2530 and the 2530KAI ? not only in terms of dimensions but driveability and top end power ?

Thanks

Jeremy